Fly Fusion Forums

Warning Section Where Highwood Enters The Bow River

Today at 1:00pm saw a fellow flyfisherman on the river doing his thing, the owner of the land came up in his blue truck and released his 2 dogs at the guy in the river. The dogs charged at him and chased him into the middle of the river. They were in the water with him, I could not hear what was going on. If you decide to fish this area be careful.

Anyone wading in that area should use a GoPro to record the scene.

Ive already mentioned getting a group of guys together, see what he does then. THIS GUY IS JUST STRAIGHT UP THREATENING PEOPLE. This guy is gong to end up getting himself in a lot of trouble, Theres one story after the other. EVERYONE THATS HAD OR SEEN AN INCIDENCE SHOULD CALL TODAY! This d-bag is prolly on this website. This is enough of this guy!!!!

How much time in jail would i get if i just walk down there and shoot his dogs I need a vacation.

U should try and c. Everyone should always be strapped with a can of bear spray when fishing out there. I think a group of people should confront the guy to call him out.

Maybe I am stating the obvious, I don't get to fish the Bow often. I have always parked beside the campground down there and crossed the Highwood right there, and walked down to the Bow. To my knowledge this is the HIghwood River Natural area, it should not be a problem to walk there. I avoid walking down the west side of the Highwood because of all the trespassing signs. I have walked downstream on the Bow a ways with out problems. Which landowner is the problem?

Chrome - you seem far more concerned about threats against the dogs than by the very explicit threats this man has made against the lives of PEOPLE.

I actually think the guy is a complete dbag if everything that has been posted about him is true. But I also think that people talking about going down there looking for confrontation are not helping anything and it will end poorly for all involved.

• Like 1

Why is it that this guy and his two dogs comes up every year at this time. but you don't hear a word about it at any other time of year. Sounds like a wife's tale to me. Don't usually like to fish for post spawn fish. I've been in a foul mood since Alberta let my trout lakes die, think I will head up there and rip a few lips off.

I do not usually post, I just look at the awesome pics everyone post. I have heard of this type of thing happening and me and 4 other anglers saw this last week. I do not know if its the same guy that everyone is talking about, but all I know is that its a blue truck, 2 dark looking dogs (maybe german shepherd?), angler and the 2 dogs were in the river together. Its winter and the water is cold, so I do not think they were playing together. Maybe the angler ran into the middle of the river, and called the dogs to come play with him ( I could not hear what was going on). What I saw was 2 dogs came out of the truck, ran towards the fisherman, he waded further into the river, the dogs ran into the river and all 3 were there a long time. I really hope this event is a wives tale and the stories just got exaggerated as it past from one person to another. I do have the names of the other anglers that witness this, and they fish the north bank a lot.

On a side note: this sat I saw a bunch of anglers allover that side and the blue truck did not show up. I also saw a couple with 2 small dogs walking allover the land fishing and then proceeded to leave over the HWM. I can see why the landowner is angry, but his actions seems excessive.

Also please no violence towards the owner or his dogs. I fish there a lot and will have my phone with me to record any incident. Let the authorities deal with this is best. I for one will not fish that side, there are so many other beautiful spots on the bow

Also please no violence towards the owner or his dogs. I fish there a lot and will have my phone with me to record any incident. Let the authorities deal with this is best. I for one will not fish that side, there are so many other beautiful spots on the bow

I hate to beat this thing to death but, no one including yourself should have to avoid that part of the river because the threat of violence towards yourself. This guy doesn't have the right to dictate anything. You don't want violence, thats cool, I'm with you but, look what you witnessed. Not everyone has it in them to avoid those situations. Ive personally never fished down there other than floating by in a drift boat. Its never occurred to me to walk down there and prolly never will. Reading these stories is bothersome.

The fact that people are being scared away or threatened isn't right. Sounds like whatever he's doing is working, you wont go back. Others have also openly said they would avoid that part of the river. Thats cool and all but, if wont go there because of this guy and his dogs, thats not right.

I would hope anyone going down there and having a bad experience would call it in to the proper authorities. If the stories people are posting are true?

Just saying, done!