Fly Fusion Forums

When Was The Last Time That No Cnd Teams Were In The Nhl Playoffs?

Hey you hockey buffs out there, when was the last time that no Canadian teams made the NHL playoffs???

Pretty sad that its our national sport and we are currently sitting with 4 teams right at the bottom, and a couple teams 7 points out of the last playoff spots. :crybaby:

Off the top of my head...69-70...both the Leafs and Habs were out...Habs won the Stanley Cup the following season...Could be wrong.

MrBotangles is correct. It will also be the first time since the NHL-WHA merger in 1979 that no Canadian team will make the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Bettman's NHL. He's now finally got it pretty much where he wants it.

Don't believe me? Try this:

Find out the percentage of Canadian teams to win the cup in all the years before Bettman became commish. THEN find out the percentage of Canadian teams to win the cup since.

I stopped giving a crap about hockey a while ago.

Welcome to Bettman's NHL. He's now finally got it pretty much where he wants it.

Don't believe me? Try this:

Find out the percentage of Canadian teams to win the cup in all the years before Bettman became commish. THEN find out the percentage of Canadian teams to win the cup since.

I stopped giving a crap about hockey a while ago.

I can share your biterness buddy, being a flames fan as well. But really? Do you legitimately think it's a conspiracy? Montreal and Ottawa both were good contenders for the post season until recently. One thing I will find odd is Vancouver's place in the standings. That's something we haven't seen in a while.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a product of parity and expansion.

The percentage of Canadian teams in the NHL is pretty much the same now as it was in 1993 when the Habs won the cup. The salary cap has changed everything for the league. I think Canadian teams are clinging too much to the glory days instead of carving a path for the future. Why do the Oilers STILL have Kevin Lowe around. What is Trevor Linden doing in Vancouver? Hockey is modernizing, and I worry sometimes that Canadians are being left behind. Most other hockey playing nations seem to be embracing the faster and higher skill players instead of the 230lbs monster that is only out there to fight.