23rd Annual Used Equipment Sale

Saturday April 16th

10 am to 12 pm

Entry fee: toony donation (goes to TU)

South Calgary Community Association

3130 16 ST SW

Garage Sale Format

Call after March 10 to reserve your table, $30 each, limited number avaiiable

Table Set Up 830 to 1000 am, your table location at the venue, is first come first serve on set up day.

Clean up, 12-1 pm

Sell your boat in the parking lot, $30 for the spot

To book a table, call after March 10, George at 403-689-9690, or Stephen 403-463-9701

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll bring this BTT,

16 days left till the Swap, a few tables left. They will sell out, as they do every year.

It's 2 frantic hours of buying and selling, and it shouldn't be missed. A lot of fun is had by many!

See you all there.....

• Like 1

do you guys ever preview the boats that will be for sale?

No, it's a run what you brung event, and as far as previewing what people was bringing to sell, the orginsers really don't or can't do any 'previews'

There are sellers calling the orginisers as late as the morning of the event, to try to reserve space for boats, so we can't even tell how many are coming, until the day.

Historically, there are 3-4 boats that show up, plus some pontoons. I think one year there were 6 boats. Come and check 'em out, and inside the swap is always worth attending!

Is this address correct? Looking at Google maps it looks like its in a small community with nothing around that could hold this??

I think it's at the Marda Loop community association hall, which has a very large parking lot, and the inside is pretty wide-open. Should be sufficient unless turnout is huge.

It's actually held at the South Calgary Community Association!

I think it's at the Marda Loop community association hall, which has a very large parking lot, and the inside is pretty wide-open. Should be sufficient unless turnout is huge.

Some of us think it's a great event , as your not there

Someone asked the size. I answered.

It's a great event for TU and the community, and as mentioned it's not a monster one (and not sure why that is assumed to be a bad thing, smaller events bring more people together .) I've been there many times.

Thanks for the great input though.

It's actually held at the South Calgary Community Association!

Just to clarify, to save others the time googling as I did, It appears that both Marda Loop Community Association Hall and South Calgary Community Association are the same place. Perhaps the name has changed at some point in the past.

Marda Loop Communities Association

3130 - 16th Street SW

Calgary, AB T2T 4G7

Just to clarify, to save others the time googling as I did, It appears that both Marda Loop Community Association Hall and South Calgary Community Association are the same place. Perhaps the name has changed at some point in the past.

Marda Loop Communities Association

3130 - 16th Street SW

Calgary, AB T2T 4G7

I used to live a block away. This is correct - the name recently changed (well, a couple of years ago) from South Calgary to Marda Loop.

I stand corrected... It's been a number of years since I was a lifeguard there!!

I used to live a block away. This is correct - the name recently changed (well, a couple of years ago) from South Calgary to Marda Loop.

Just reserved a table. Looking forward to trimming down the excess equipment. Got some rods, reels, and lines to get rid off. Most of it old and well used, suitable for beginners or kids. Cheap. Some free grab bag stuff (line cleaners etc).

Looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Smitty

• Like 1

I have never been but me and the kid are comeing but I just had a question is it like a gun show where I can bring rods and try to make trades on other stuff thanks for your help.

I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule about it, but if it were me I'd leave the rod in my vehicle until I had negotiated a trade with someone. People who paid for a table might not like it if they think you're trying to sell a rod while ducking the table fee.

• Like 1

I don't know if there's a hard and fast rule about it, but if it were me I'd leave the rod in my vehicle until I had negotiated a trade with someone. People who paid for a table might not like it if they think you're trying to sell a rod while ducking the table fee.

excellent suggestion to the question burningchrome

Seemed like more patrons and a lot fewer tables, would of thought there would be a few shops there ....... extra important in todays economic conditions to support events like this big or small .... managed to score a couple of new C&F saltwater boxes for 20 a piece... now I need to start tying to fill them up before June

Someone left a red jacket at the event, one that I am sure they will want back. The facilities people say it was left in the front closet between 1000 and 1200. Send a PM if you know who's it is.........