Fly Fusion Forums

Policemans

First find out for sure that the land there is crown, get there permission ( easier said then done) i can imagine the red tape... Equipment not allowed into river etc...

I would leave the lot part alone just block the edges so people cant 4x4 in. Dig out the launch and surrounding area.

Need to find someone with equipment (excavator that can reach from shore )that will donate there time. We could raise cash for fuel and other costs.

or ,not sure how it works but if 5000 + emails were to go to the right people at the crown about how unsafe it is they may just come and fix it ?? Dreaming i know.

If a bit of time and money get put into it, you can do it right and be allowed to work in the river. You'd need engineering specifications, and a Water Act and Public Lands Act approval, but that's not an impossible (or even hard) task. Ideally you find someone who would be the Owner, like AEP or the county.

It was my crew that did the last repairs and built the boat launch and parking lot. It was a haywire design for the launch back then and it still is now. They couldn't budge on the design and launch location though as it was approved and would take forever to get redesign funding, approvals and permits.

At that time it was private property that was being donated to Parks or SRD, I can't recall now. The owner was planning on putting in a big subdivision just down the river to the east and hoped the donation would help him out with approvals, but Environment shut down all water permits for the Bow River Basin so he couldn't go ahead with any excavation because of it, thank god, imagine what it would b like down there if that went through.That pissed him off, to say the least and he took the land back. There was actually a big rock by the parking lot that had a plaque on it thanking him for the donation and the Parks guy told us to rip the plaque off and get rid of it!

As far as I know it is still private land unless the owner had a change of heart since then.

Back then it was years of discussions and close to 2 million dollars for the design, permit applications and construction, just to give you an idea of how much projects like that cost.

im willing to volunteer my time for some aerial mapping and surveying the launch and bank around it, can also generate engineered drawings for a proposal if there is someone willing to design and stamp them.

im sure there is someone with access with a excavator, I bet a couple hours of moving a couple scoops of dirt here and removing a rock there and it could help 10 fold

im sure there is someone with access with a excavator, I bet a couple hours of moving a couple scoops of dirt here and removing a rock there and it could help 10 fold

Exactly! If somehow we could get permission, a couple of hours with the right equipment would be all that is needed.

Any work there would need a Water Act approval, which will need a land owner go ahead. No point drawing anything up until you know who the landowner is and that they are on board.

I could help with some of the regulatory process if things move forward.

• 2 weeks later...