Fly Fusion Forums

If4

Thoughts on IF4 2016?

I attended the 7:15 showing last night. It was a great way to scratch that fishing itch and interesting to see the different fish/geographies/narratives. Also really cool to see so many passionate anglers in once place (and a lot better than seeing that many anglers in your favorite spot on the Bow!). Arctic Unicorns was pretty cool just to get to see the beauty of the char and especially for me the Arctic Char. Those colours were amazing. The "rafting" video was pretty crazy too, and a good illustration of what folks will do to get some solitude and nice fish.

Overall, I really enjoyed all the films although that's probably not hard given my love for fishing. Wish we could have one of those every month!

What did everyone think?

• Like 1

Thoughts on IF4 2016?

I attended the 7:15 showing last night. It was a great way to scratch that fishing itch and interesting to see the different fish/geographies/narratives. Also really cool to see so many passionate anglers in once place (and a lot better than seeing that many anglers in your favorite spot on the Bow!). Arctic Unicorns was pretty cool just to get to see the beauty of the char and especially for me the Arctic Char. Those colours were amazing. The "rafting" video was pretty crazy too, and a good illustration of what folks will do to get some solitude and nice fish.

Overall, I really enjoyed all the films although that's probably not hard given my love for fishing. Wish we could have one of those every month!

What did everyone think?

Gold fever was my personal favourite, but there were a few really cool ones... I definitely left last night inspired to fish my usual spots less and do more exploring next summer - feeling like there is still a ton of water left on my Alberta bucket list, let alone BC, Montana, etc. Oh and I want a raft now!

The dollies in unicorn were out of this world. Some of the most spectacular fish I have ever seen.

Tuna on the fly just seems crazy to me. I've caught plenty on heavy gear. I think using fly gear is just making things difficult. Maybe I like my fingers to much.

The east coast film was good. Heading out to see family on Cape Cod this summer. Looking forward to some stripers on the flats.

The dollies in unicorn were out of this world. Some of the most spectacular fish I have ever seen.

Tuna on the fly just seems crazy to me. I've caught plenty on heavy gear. I think using fly gear is just making things difficult. Maybe I like my fingers to much.

The east coast film was good. Heading out to see family on Cape Cod this summer. Looking forward to some stripers on the flats.

Arctic Unicorns was the best film this year, and the rafting clips in Gold, were pretty hairy to watch. Those guys are nuts lol

This was my fourth time at IF4, and have to say it was one of the weaker ones, in my opinion. The first movie, The Hog, when I saw the "previews", had promise, but was SUPER disappointing. In years past, the films had a lot more focus on the fish, with great footage of the takes, fights, etc. Some great videos in the past, Backyard to Knowhere, Only the River Knows, are just a couple that come to mind in that respect. This year, there seemed to be too much focus on the anglers and them boasting about all the awesome fishing they did. Almost seemed that all they were trying to do was market themselves, and not the fishing or the story behind it. Save for a couple of the films (Arctic Unicorns, Gold, and Foundations) Just my two cents.

All in all, worth the $15, and will certainly attend again next year. It's great to catch up with friends there and share our passion (obsession, right BiggyJ?) and then catch a few beers at OJs after.