Fly Fusion Forums

Posting Pictures To The Forum - How To

Should you want to include a picture in any of your posts, here are some directions for using Photobucket for your image hosting. I follow up with how to get them to show up in your posts on this (or any) forum.

To post a picture, first create yourself an account (free) with Photobucket: photobucket.com

I'll assume you have a cell phone, or digital camera you take your pictures with, and upload them to your computer to "My Pictures" on PC or Photos on Mac

How to get your pictures into Photobucket
Once your Photobucket account is created, you'll see a menu to the left of the screen titled ALBUMS. Underneath that there will be a link to "Create an album". Just decide on a name and click "save". Now, you can upload directly to the page you'll see in front of you once your account is created. But if you keep all your pictures on that first page, it gets unmanageable. So I suggest making sub-albums.

When you've created an album it should automatically take you to that albums page after creation. In the center of the screen will be a huge button that says "Upload Images and Videos". This will bring up your PCs file folders. I think the default place for Photobucket to look is in "My Pictures", if it's not - then just travel to the folder that has the pictures you want to upload. You can upload one at a time or many (if you want to upload more than one, click the first picture then before you click another one hold the 'Ctrl' key down while you choose all the others). When your done release the Ctrl key and click on "Open" - Photobucket will automatically begin the upload process. You can also drag your photo into

Once it's done it'll take you to another page where you can label/tag your pictures. I've never found this useful and it's time consuming, so I skip it. Just scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save". Photobucket will then go back to the album you placed your pictures into the click to upload area. On a lot of computers teh save is automatic.

Posting the picture from Photobucket to this Forum
When you're ready to post a picture here, have the thread open and a reply box ready to go (you can also use the "Quick Reply" box). Type your text (or just post the picture if you have nothing to say then go back to your open album on Photobucket.

When you scroll over each picture a 'drop down' menu will show up with 4 fields with different links you can use. Choose the share link for the picture you want to post, you can also click on the photo and the share links will show up on the right. Here's an example of what you're looking for. I circled the Image link to copy in red.

If you click on the drop down share link

post2_zpse4aa549f.jpg

Click in that field and it should highlight the entire text of that box. Right click and choose 'copy', then come back to your post here (or any other forum) and click on the image icon and when it opens hit paste, then OK. That's it! You won't see your image until you hit "OK". It'll just be the code of the image.

It looks like a lot, but really it's not. I'm just wordy.

Hope it helps a first time user.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

You can now upload a picture directly to this forum

without photo-bucket etc. using your account

1. Go to “Start new Topic,, “reply to this topic” or “More reply options”
  2. Go to bottom of add post page and click on "Browse"
  3. Find your picture
  4. Click on "Attach this file"
  5. A thumbnail of the picture will appear under the post area
  6. On the right of the thumbnail click on "attach this file" or delete if it is the wrong file.
  7. Then "add to post" & "Preview Post"

1tut.jpg

2tut.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Tried to post a picture to the forum using the instructions provided above. Took the picture with an iPad. All went well until the file was too large for the site. The instructions were fine until the last step. Do I need photoshop to resize the file or should I use a potato for the camera lens? ( ha ha ) . Thank You. 

• 1 year later...