Fly Fusion Forums

Ron Scharmin (Flytier) - Will Be Missed

Ron Scharmin

It’s with a heavy heart that I announce the passing of Ron Scharmin, known to all here as Flytier. I fished and tied with him when he was able and he was a great guy. He selfishly served this forum as Administrator for many years giving of his time and knowledge to make this a better place and passed along his knowledge to many neophyte tiers. In recent years his mobility has kept him from his beloved Fly Fishing waters and eventually his vice. His passing diminishes us all.

I’ve included a link to his Facebook page for any personal comments along with any you might make here

https://www.facebook.com/rscharmin

Lornce

IMGP1024_zpsnfukatot.jpg

Very sad news.

Met Ron quite a few times. He fixed me up with a minty Renzetti Traveller a few years ago.

He was a big fan of the Norvise, and when he tied on it he made that thing sing.

On his front step once, with a west wind blowing, I told him I could smell the river....

He gave me a wry smile and a wink and simply said....'Yeah'

He was a good man.....

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear, he was a great help to me many a times, caught quit a few sea trout on a fly of his.

Missed a chance to met him a few years ago when he was fixing up a place in Petty Harbour, NL, I believe his son and family have been living there for a few years now.