Fly Fusion Forums

Oldman River Enforcement Order Being Appealed

See: http://www.pinchercreekvoice.com/2015/12/appeals-board-hearing-scheduled-re.html

The scary part - if the appeal succeds, this will open the window to every person with the equipment to tear up a trout stream.

I do know that every activity over the past 20 years that I've organized for instream work took permissions from Dept. of Fisheries and Oceans, Canadian Coast Guard, Dept. of Environment, ESRD, adjoining landowners, Municipal Governments etc.

If the appeal succeeds, God helps trout streams for no one else will.

Regards,

Don

By the way, in order to be heard at most of these Dept of Environment Hearings you have to be directly effected. In other words you have to live within an arbitrary zone where the Dept of En. Believes you will be directly effected, This idiot artifact was brought to you by the PC's after the 3 River Dam hearings when the PC's were never gonna let any outside influence change their game plan.

Don

Many people who live in that area who are directly affected have a different opinion than the people who rely on general media reporting for their "facts" that are not directly affected. He is a rancher who bypassed all the red tape? I don't know for sure because I do not know all the facts just like 99% of the people on the sidelines. The land the excavator is sitting on in the picture was once not very long ago 10 feet higher and covered in grass. I believe that fellow lost approximately 35 acres at that point. Nothing different than high river or Calgary or any other area that is flooding...... Should we just watch the water go over the bank without any thought and say... that's mother nature. They complain about silt due to the digging.... It does nothing compared to the water screaming down and changing the course of the river.

Lad,

I was in exactly the same position with Three Point Creek flooding 30 acres of our property. Although it was a pain, the permits were secured, directly effected informed, adjoining landowners consulted.

We got the creek back into a channel that saved perhaps 1/2 mile of creek being by passed.

Never ended up in court.

Guess it can be done.

I am surprised the hoe owner/operator didn't refuse the work based on the lack of permits. The hoe must be prepared for "deep wading".

Don

• Like 3

• 1 month later...