Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Heard Of Or Use Shoreline Risers Guiding Company?

BigFoamy

It's only slander or libel if what people have said is untrue. All I've seen here are people's experiences dealing with the party in question. He even admits that he didn't respond to people...which is what people were complaining about and the basis for them accusing him of being a fraud.

Seems like an empty threat to try to get control of the situation. A better approach would have been to just explain his situation and apologize then go about correcting the wrongs.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I should've warned you a long time ago. There was a bit of facebook dealing from the get go, about him bad mouthing mr Jensen on his blog, when he had been given a bit of a reality check and then there was a hilariously unprofessional FB he sent me after I called himself and another "guide" he had on board when they started. Yes its great he did the clean ups and no doubt a somewhat positive effect on the cochrane FF community for a short time. However, this is just another want to be guide, taking business away from those who have properly set themselves up in the industry, many of them sponsors of this forum and all of this because of non-existent guiding regulations.

Watch out for forbiddenh2o, upstream drift co, Rise2thefly, drift fly fishing guide service and others... just 4 of the latest start ups. Some of which offer BC trips too... interesting. Not meant to be slander. Just a bunch among the list of start ups with minimal business experience and minimal, if any prior guiding experience, and likely less time on the water than many of us. They just want to be a guide because its the cool thing to do. A good way to get an idea of who's legit and who isn't is invest the time to check out their social media feeds, instagram and facebook especially, if you're consistently seeing pictures of the same guys fishing/holding fish, its a sure sign of pseudo-guides, with no actual clientele. Another which may not be accurate, is just simply the quality of fish on their own personal pages. If they're taking hero shots of baby trouts... I would be very cautious.

Just make sure you ask if they have insurance and if they have any references from previous trips, or maybe how many rod days they might have in BC.... Best advice is to book a guide through a fly shop. These guys are not worth your headache, and if any start up offers to guide you on BC waters... REPORT.

• Like 6

I hate seeing people get burned. I have been burned before, and know how much it sucks.

What were you hoping to get out of your guided day Sallinger?

i am no where neara guide but, perhaps myself or someone on the board could help you out? I see you're in cochrane area. I float that section quite a bit....and the bow.....hike a lot as well.

• Like 7

I should also add, when he started his business, he was taking photography from myself, and others for use in his website. He quickly acted on removing said photography, but tried to justify his reasons for doing it with a "oh i just didn't have any pictures and i needed some for my business."

He was/is a Vision Rep and is now trying to blow out his stock. I'm at the point where I'm thinking he never intended to take anyone out fishing at all. Cash n Dash

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping-outdoor/calgary/vision-fly-fishing-gear-huge-discounts-needs-gone-asap/1199135355?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This is starting to sound like this guy has something sketchy going on outside of FF.

1. Starts a fraudulent guiding "business".

2. Gets himself to be a rep for company

3. actually puts forth the effort and half succeeds to establish a somewhat positive buzz in the FF community.

Then massively dumps/sells all his gear from his rep gig, and takes guiding bookings without guiding days, followed by moving from AB to BC within a very short time span?

Somethings up, based on the kijiji add, it seems like he's displayed his previous postal code, I would assume that should you contact the RCMP along with a similar story from vision backing up this guys validity, you may end up be standing on grounds to charge him for something. Theres no way he didn't have a falling out with vision if he's offloading gear like that.

He was/is a Vision Rep and is now trying to blow out his stock. I'm at the point where I'm thinking he never intended to take anyone out fishing at all. Cash n Dash

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-fishing-camping-outdoor/calgary/vision-fly-fishing-gear-huge-discounts-needs-gone-asap/1199135355?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

He is no longer involved with Vision Canada, when he was, he was a "field staff' meaning he was able to purchase(?) gear at guide cost. I would hope that any money he gets from selling the gear will go towards paying back the amount that is owed to Vision Canada, doubtful though.

Colin

I hate seeing people get burned. I have been burned before, and know how much it sucks.

What were you hoping to get out of your guided day Sallinger?

i am no where neara guide but, perhaps myself or someone on the board could help you out? I see you're in cochrane area. I float that section quite a bit....and the bow.....hike a lot as well.

Hey that's a great idea.

Im willing to take Sallinger out on a float down the bow. If someone wants to cover the shuttle fee. id definitely be down.

• Like 1

I can't believe this guy had the nerve to accuse others of slander/libel when it is clear as day he f'd up this all in his own. He screwed a lot of people in Cochrane and area. I'm glad I passed on his fly tying night in cochrane. He would have probably done a dine and dash and left us suckers to cover his bill. What a disgrace to the guide business and just one more reason we need to license this industry imo

• Like 6