Fly Fusion Forums

Neoprene Waders?

ScottN

Does anyone make higher end stocking foot neoprene waders any more, or have most companies gone to breathable waders? I have a pair of Bare neoprenes that are just about worn out, and I'd like to replace them with something similar, but few vendors seem to have better quality neoprenes any more. I like the neoprenes when I'm float tubing in the spring and fall.

Cabelas 5mm are not too bad and they are pretty cheap.

Base layer of polyester under a pair of fleece wading pants is a good idea for April/ice-out tubing. I've found April tubing is a lot colder than wading around in the river. Do you float tube screaminreel?

Fish cat 4 gets your butt up out of the water more and is way better for retaining heat than the old tubes

I have pair of Sea Tux 902 5mm neoprene chest waders in mint condition I would consdier parting with. Built in kneepads, security pouch and hand warmer. Sea Tux are the top line neoprene wader. Perfect fit for me, 6' tall, 160lbs. shoe size 11 Email me if interested