Fly Fusion Forums

Dog Names

Lots of good names here but I would start with "Spot" as it covers puppyhood, as they get older and if he nips "Chomper" covers it. If a smart dog perhaps William Shakespaw or Queen Elizabark. If you like star wars "Jabba the Mutt" or "C3 Pee-O". But seriously whatevery you name the pup do it soon and use it often, an older dog has already lived with a name so it takes some re-training to remove the old trigger. Our last Brittany we called "Popper" because of her vavasious mood. and I had a Doberman that was "Brook".

Thanks for the suggestions, I think we are going with Keta. I will post a pic when we get her next week, Shepherd/boxer mix is looking a little off, lol. Its looking more like a lab (she has the ears, personality and webbed feet) and maybe a boxer or something like a mastiff that is brindle coloured.

How about cutter or fin

Thanks for the suggestions, I think we are going with Keta. I will post a pic when we get her next week, Shepherd/boxer mix is looking a little off, lol. Its looking more like a lab (she has the ears, personality and webbed feet) and maybe a boxer or something like a mastiff that is brindle coloured.

Curious to see her, sounds like it could have been a relative to ours (through Humane Society?). Our mutt (Zym) was a rescue, who was apparently a 'shepherd' mix, but we never saw mom. If yours is older, did she have pups when she was brought in? Ours looks very labby, pitbull, boxer, and shepherd all at different times. She was the one of two white ones, rest of the pups were all brindle.

I can't recommend ARF enough. Make sure you follow through with the training included in the adoption, it really helped when kids showed up a few years later - our anticipated 40lb collieX puppy, turned into a 90lb lab/wolfhound/? Frankenstein. Good with the kids (took some work), good in the boat and I never worry about the family when I'm gone.

To each their own, but I personally couldn't imagine paying for a breeder dog after having a rescue. Sometimes I swear my dog knows we saved him from a short, cold, hard life.