Fly Fusion Forums

Bow Rivre Partners And Questions

mikeo2

Im new to the spey fishing world, in fact I bought it because I will be doing a lot of work in the Smithers and Terrace areas for the next few years, so I bought a 8/9 weight. I know its to big and heavy for the Bow but im looking at getting a smaller one for it. In the mean time I want to get out and make sure I practise my spey casting, so anyone want to fish the bow with another spey caster? Also, what weight tip are you usally running on the bow? Ive barely even dabbled in the fly fishing world before buying this spey, but now im hooked on the two handed rod.

There will be more than a few of us jealous of your time in the Terrace area! Was out there the beginning of September for my semi annual trip and it never disappoints. Shoot me a PM, I'd be happy to get out with you to practice some casts and swing some flies. As for tips, that would depend on what kind of water/flies/lines your using.

What rod/reel/line combo did you end up getting?

jdangler thanks for letting me know about that. I don't think I have anything planned, was thinking maybe fishing the bow so I think I may hit this event up.

It's a good way to have someone help you get your setup dialled in and show you a few basics. There's always some more experienced casters down there who'll give you some pointers.