Fly Fusion Forums

Broken G Loomis Rod

Well GLoomis offered me the same thing Orvis did on their rods. Offered me an upgrade to a better line of rods for cheap. So I did it. However, unlike Orvis, which let me switch line class and model, GLoomis offered me only one choice.

So I'm going to try out the new GLX Streamdance rod, I'll see if I like it.

I'm not terribly inclined to go with GLoomis again, I'll see how this goes. Meanwhile, I await a response from Orvis and Redington (yes, aside from an awesome summer of travelling and fishing, I have had rotten luck with rods the past 2 months).

Mike

Well GLoomis offered me the same thing Orvis did on their rods. Offered me an upgrade to a better line of rods for cheap. So I did it. However, unlike Orvis, which let me switch line class and model, GLoomis offered me only one choice.

So I'm going to try out the new GLX Streamdance rod, I'll see if I like it.

I'm not terribly inclined to go with GLoomis again, I'll see how this goes. Meanwhile, I await a response from Orvis and Redington (yes, aside from an awesome summer of travelling and fishing, I have had rotten luck with rods the past 2 months).

Mike

I sure like my GLX Streamdance 'Presentation'. It's my go to cutty rod, 8 1/2' in a 4wt. Unfortunately I recently had to send it off to Loomis as I had an unavoidable mishap that resulted in a broken tip.

• 2 weeks later...

I sure like my GLX Streamdance 'Presentation'. It's my go to cutty rod, 8 1/2' in a 4wt. Unfortunately I recently had to send it off to Loomis as I had an unavoidable mishap that resulted in a broken tip.

Great service from G. Loomis. A replacement rod arrived by currier today. I didn't use the costly expeditor service option they provde. They dealt with the warranty promptly. :)

I brought mine into Fishtales and they shipped it in. Might have been pre Shimano days. Took a long time to get it replaced. Months......I believe a bit of bad luck made it take so long, Thankfully it was the end of the season and I was in no rush.