Fly Fusion Forums

Calgary To Whitefish Mt Driving Route

Driving to Whitefish MT on Friday. Wondering if anyone has a strong preference on route. As far as I can see, there are 2 ways;

1) Roosville Crossing via Fernie (Crowsnest)

2) Carway Crossing via Fort MacLoed (Hwy 2)

Goal is to get to Whitefish in least amount of time. Have done the Hwy to the Sun...amazing! But, time is not on my side for this trip.

Appreciate any advice!

Chris (Bullfighter)

Roosville will take you 5 hours now that the hwys are 65 mph in MT. Of course that is all dependant on traffic in and out of Fernie. You can save some time going through the Reserve the Carway route - as there really isn't a speed limit within the reserve :P ( Duck Lake Rd past Duck Lake to Browning) down to East Glacier, then up to West Glacier and then across at Columbia Falls

I drove through Whitefish to get to the Kalispell last Friday, using the Roosville crossing. I chose this road as some days last week the Going to the Sun Road on the Carway route was reported to be closed closed or slow. (possibly due to fires). I overheard several people in Kalispell complaining that they had several problems on Friday using the Highway 2 Caraway route instead of the Roosville crossing. There were one or two delays of 3 to 5 minutes or so on my trip due to road construction near Whitefish, but otherwise conditions were good.