Fly Fusion Forums

Riprap Wading Shoes

Hi guys

I did an earlier post about what guys like best for wet wading.

I went out and bought some Simms riprap wading shoes, and I just want to say for those fellows that like to hike long distances into mountain streams where the rocks aren't too slippery, they are awesome! They are much less cumbersome than wearing wading boots, light weight, dry quick, and the soles are Vibram, so they handle freestone rocks way better. No issues with rocks getting in, they fit too snug for that. They are better for hiking too than boots.

I'm not sure about how they would do on the bow, with all the slimey rocks, but in the mts ...amazing

Some guys were wondering about sizing, I can wear 10.5 to 11 street shoe, so after reading some posts I ordered the size 11 with the size 11 MEC neoprene sock, and it fit like a glove.

Happy fishing!!

Adam

• Like 1

I went out and bought some Simms riprap wading shoes...
I ordered the size 11 with the size 11 MEC neoprene sock, and it fit like a glove.

Not sure if "it fit like a glove" is good or bad???

I mean, it is, after all, a shoe.

Realistically, would it not be better if it "fit like a shoe"?

• Like 1

Have not seen these before, but I bought some new simms neoprene wading socks and they are great. Finally some one made a neoprene sock thick enough to fit in wading boots for a nice fit while wet wading.

Peace,Trout and Rock and Roll

Have not seen these before, but I bought some new simms neoprene wading socks and they are great. Finally some one made a neoprene sock thick enough to fit in wading boots for a nice fit while wet wading.

Peace,Trout and Rock and Roll

love the sign off dude hhahah

that sounds like something Ted Nugent would say hahha
Check out the shoes, they are really awesome, no more bulky and awkward wading/hiking long distances with boots. Going up and down log jams, cliffs and rockslides are way easier now.
  • Like 1

Not sure if "it fit like a glove" is good or bad???

I mean, it is, after all, a shoe.

Realistically, would it not be better if it "fit like a shoe"?

you crazy SOB hahahah they fit like a shoe too ahahah

While the Rip Rap shoes are good, i just bought a pair of merrell waterproof jogging/trail shoes with vibram soles that were on sale at WSS for 54 bucks. Have to say thats the best 54 bucks i've ever spent. Very very impressed. Offer a bit more ankle support than the rip rap sandals, and very very light. Love them.

• Like 1

While the Rip Rap shoes are good, i just bought a pair of merrell waterproof jogging/trail shoes with vibram soles that were on sale at WSS for 54 bucks. Have to say thats the best 54 bucks i've ever spent. Very very impressed. Offer a bit more ankle support than the rip rap sandals, and very very light. Love them.

do they dry out quick after wet wading? how is the grip on rocks?

do they dry out quick after wet wading? how is the grip on rocks?

Dry out very quick because the sides are made of what seems to be some sort of mesh material, and grip is as good as vibram rubber gets. Didymo is still slick but thats the case for any rubber soled boot.