Fly Fusion Forums

Lost - Top 2 Sections Of Rod On Upper Oldman

jgib01

At a campout with Scouts this weekend... somehow my son managed to lose not one, but 2 sections of his rod. It is a Cabelas 4wt, dark green We were camped 1 km downstream of the falls, and were on the north/northwest shore walking upstream. The likelihood of one section being found by someone is slim... both is astronomical ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, on Canada Day we replaced his Cabela's with a Redington Path 8' 4wt. I am amazed at how much better his cast is with a little shorter rod (his other was 8.5'). He took it out the other night, and right outta the gate was making some wonderful casts with a little dry fly on our local stocked lake. Nothing to hand, but no fault of his presentation. I told him he is guaranteed to catch piles of brookies and the occasional vagrant rainbow on his grandfather's pond in Nova Scotia later this summer if he keeps it up. Catch & release brookies and "keepsies" rainbows there. Wish I could be there to see it, but they are doing the trek without me this summer due to a shortage of holidays on my end.