Fly Fusion Forums

Ms Auctions 2015

Ok, here we go on the first round of the MS Auctions for 2015. Like previous years, winners will donate the winning amount to my MS Ride for 2015, I'll give the links to donate. And as always, thanks so much to Fly Fish Calgary for continuing to allow me this fundraising forum. I'm not sure how much Ive raised on this site for various causes over the years, but it is well in excess of $10,000. The generosity never ceases to amaze me. And remember, this is a fund raiser! You can donate whether you win or not!! My donation site is on my signature. By the way, on any of the trips-if anyone needs any gear to borrow during these trips, I can almost for sure help out.

Item 1:

A Jerky Smorgasbord from Oberto donated by Sage. 6 Jerky's: 1 Hickory Beef, 1 Pork 1 BBQ Pork, 1 Hawaiian Pork, 1 Beef, 1 Teriyaki Beef, and 1 Bacon (!!!!). Also, an Extra Large Jacket and Water Bottle, all pictured below.

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo1/rreevesr1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150509_170248_zpsgklquukl.jpg~original

http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo1/rreevesr1/Mobile%20Uploads/20150509_170314_zpsokawl58g.jpg~original

Item 2:

Float Trip with Troutlover

Pretty self explanatory, this is a full day float trip on the Bow River with Troutlover in his shiny new jet boat. While there is never a guarantee of fish, a trip with Jared is about as close as it gets. Jared will supply lunch, and can suggest flies to bring. Jared is not a professional guide, just a highly knowledgeable and passionate fisherman.

Item 3: Fly Fishing Boot Camp by Hanson's Outfitters

Perfect for the beginner or anyone wanting to get into the sport. This full day course give basics in fly casting, how to tie basic knots, how all the gear works together, some basics on flies, fish behaviour, and a some time fishing some prime water on the Bow River just upstream of Policeman's Flats. And when the course is done, you get to keep the fly rod, reel and line! I started fly fishing after one of these courses, and fished the boot camp rod for a few years. It caught a ton of fish! These courses are given throughout the summer. I've done a bit of teaching out there (we figure I'm still green enough to remember what it is like to be brand new), and will there on the date the winner chooses, provided I'm not on vacation! Here is a link to the course: http://www.hansons-outfitters.com/fly-fishing-boot-camp/

Item 4: Red Deer River Float Trip with Sanky

Ever wanted to throw big ass skwalas at giant brown trout? This is your trip. Troutlover won this trip a few years ago and landed one of the biggest brown trout I have ever seen. Just sayin. Again, Sanky is not a professional guide, just a big brown catching machine. One day I hope to get on the Red Deer with him!

So these will run until 8 PM on Saturday, May 16. I will start a second round right after that. Several really good items still to come! And if anyone has anything they'd like to donate, let me know. Have fun bidding!

• Like 1

Everyone, I am going to be out of town when these close on Saturday, camping in K-country. So I won't be around to announce winners. But basically, any bid that comes in at 7:59:59 or before is eligible. Once the clock hits 8, it is done. I base it on the websites clock.

Also, BEEF JERKY!!!

Looks like Muffin won the Jerky at $75 and troutlovers float at $200. Ravenrock won the bootcamp at $100 and biggyj the Red Deer float at $200.

Winners please contact the donors to arrange dates. And winners please donate to my site in my signature. Ravenrock, I'll contact you on Monday evening to arrange the boot camp with Hansons. I will start the next round probably on Monday.Heading back into the cold mountains now!