Fly Fusion Forums

Drone Fly Fishing Footage

Hey guys,

Just purchased a new high end drone for work that shoots 4K video and shoots 16 mp photos. Testing on work related stuff seems so mundane.

If anyone is interested in being the test subject while fly fishing a stream outside of the city or even the bow away from powerlines and lots of trees let me know.

or if any shops or guides wants aerial footage of their boats/guides launching or floating downstream for use on possibly a commercial or advertisement this would be perfect

will even provide the raw footage to you.

please keep in mind I will not edit the videos, I only shoot video and photos

total time I plan on flying and recording for is roughly 1.5 hours.

PM me

thanks

• Like 1

On a serious note about the sling shot comments. Do be careful and cautious where you fly your drone. Even if you are not filming someone, they may think you are and take it offensively, possibly try to knock it down. I know if i was fishing, or anything for that matter, and saw a drone fly to close to me i wouldn't be very happy. Just be careful of where you fly, and who may be in the area.

Knowing how much a good drone's coast, i wouldn't want to have to fix or replace it because of a simple misunderstanding on the river.

I bet I could get a really long drift with a big ass triple nymph/worm rig hanging off one of these drone"s. Right down the main thalwag with about 10 split shot on a 15' leader.... :argggg: Drone fly fishin'... it's the newest thing.

• Like 2

I was thinking how handy it would be fishing an unknown stream. You could find out whether upstream has more good spots or downstream instead of walking and guessing wrong.

And my other idea was to attach my waterproof camera to a float and let it drift over pools, then retrieve it, playback and see what's down in the pool. Still perfecting that---my 1.5" ABS pipe float was too short and the camera pitching and wobbling in the water made it hard to see clearly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bigfry, just a heads up that the National Parks considers drone flight in the Parks, without a permit, to be a restricted activity and are seeking to charge those doing so.

It's not really that difficult to get a permit. For the drone thy I have all I need to do is go online and submit a form. Once I submit it online with the details I'm legal to fly

• 4 months later...

ok guys im outta town at the moment but I will have the drone and want to take some video footage of anyone flyfishing or on a drift. Anyone interested please pm me. I should be back and ready to film September 3 ish. Evenings work best for me if im not fishing instead!

That one is pretty sweet, doesn't work for my work applications though. A negative feature about that drone is that it can't detect objects in front of it. so say its following you while you are biking and you ride though a tree'd patch it will fly itself into whatever objects are in its way

• 2 weeks later...