Fly Fusion Forums

Loop Service Centre In Sweden

Hey Gang,

I have a Loop AEG Series rod with a broken tip section that I would like to get repaired. From what I understand, I have to contact the Swedish Loop Service Centre as Loop Canada doesn't deal with discontinued items. It also seems like accidental breakage isn't really covered by their conditional warranty. Does anyone have any experience dealing with the Swedes?

As I've done a fair bit of online reading this past half year about fly rod manufacturing, the emergence of lifetime warranties, and rising costs of rods, it's hard not to conclude that consumers need to be careful what they ask for. Seems like the inclusion of "no fault/ no questions asked" warranty on rods has substantially driven up their prices ( http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/flytalk/2013/09/rethinking-fly-rod-warranties ). Though the North American rod-buying public has come to demand lifetime warranty, I wonder if it was an optional add-on to the price, just how many folks would actually bite? I'd bet too that a limited warranty with an included extra tip (at a lower cost to the buyer) versus the higher priced unconditional lifetime warranty, would in fact sell substantially better.

That all said, I wish you well in dealing with Loop. I've yet to break a rod tip (in my whole 3'ish months of fly fishing), though it is surely only a matter of time. When I do, I'm sure that I will be thankful that my Orvis' and Winston have unconditional warranties ;)

Heimdallr, I tried to get a repair/replacement tip through them a couple of years ago and I was SOL. I'm going by memory so take this with a grain of salt, but I was told at the time if you are the original purchaser of the rod then they would look at doing some sort of exchange for the most current comperable model, but other than that there was nothing they could do. For what it is worth, you might want to take a look at the Multi series. I had both, and the AEG was my favorite until it broke, then I went with the Multi as my backup. I found a replacement AEG this year, and now it plays second fiddle to the Multi. The action is more moderate but I find that the casting performance is similar and the Multi is better at protecting light tippets, for me anyway. YMMV. The Multi is discontined as well, but there was an outfit in the States that was selling their remaining stock and they had a 9' 5wt 4pc for about $150 the last time I looked.

I have delt with the new loop canada dealers a couple times now and they have been nothing but awesome to deal with. Much better than the previous distributor. I found that they responded best by email. I would contact them and see if they can help u with loop Sweden.

Best of luck

The multi series has been discontinued and is now the xact line and they are nice casting rods.

Hey guys, I got a response from Loop Canada today. I think it warrants posting here.

"Hi Cory,

For any Loop item purchased in Canada, you can contact us here at Loop Canada for warranty issues, whether the item is discontinued or not. On our end, if we do not have it in stock, then we make efforts to track it down in Sweden, USA, etc. If I may say, you contacting Sweden directly wouldn't be so much a dead end waste of time as it is simply the incorrect procedure. :)
As it happens, we do not have this part in stock, ( we have a few AEG parts, but no tip sections ). I have contacted Loop USA and as soon as I hear back from them, I will let you know. You can expect to hear back from us shortly.
Cheers,
Jennifer"
So there you have it. I might be okay after all. Great initial customer service anyway.
  • Like 2