Fly Fusion Forums

Lodging Crowsnest Area

Each September, I visit the Crowsnest area to fish many of the wonderful streams(Crow, Oldman, Livingstone and Castle) in there. I am looking for recommendations for lodging. Bed and Breakfast is prefered though we're open to other very nice (comfortable) lodging arranements and settings. Option to have home made dinner is most welcome. What do you recommend?

there is one in beaver mines that the locals talk about. stella's i do believe. right across from the general store.

the other one that i can think of is on the right side of 507 just after you turn south from hwy 3.

you could also try the castle mtn hostel. they do have private rooms and you have great access to the castle, lynx, carbondale, gardner, lost, suicide and york. of course all those rivers are now closed :( but a thought for next september. i have a friend that works at the resort, and he also guides.

i have not frequented a BB down there. sorry. i sleep in my truck or at the resort.

On a different topic but yet still related to your question, make sure that where you decide to fish is open. The Castle and Livingston rivers are now closed for the season and there are only a few portions open on the Oldman and Crow.

Try Angler's Ridge B&B. It is the one right off of Hwy 507 near the Crowsnest River. The owner, Malcom B, is a key figure in protecting and maintaining the Trout Unlimited access lease on the Crowsnest.

http://www.anglersridge.com/index.htm

I really like the goat mountain cabins. They are always booked.

And try Sara's right on the river... it's called the Bedside Manor, I guess? (always known it as Sara's).

Cheers,

Try Angler's Ridge B&B. It is the one right off of Hwy 507 near the Crowsnest River. The owner, Malcom B, is a key figure in protecting and maintaining the Trout Unlimited access lease on the Crowsnest.

http://www.anglersridge.com/index.htm

I really like the goat mountain cabins. They are always booked.

And try Sara's right on the river... it's called the Bedside Manor, I guess? (always known it as Sara's).

Cheers,

Just what I was thinking...besides Sara's, Goat Mt cabins, and Angler's Ridge, there is one more B&B right by the 507 bridge. Never stayed there but have heard some people say some good things about it. All 3 B&B's are situated by some good water too!