Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Going To The Usa In The Next Few Weeks?

Gang,

I broke a guide off my 8 wt Winston BIIIx this past week fishing for big Pike and Walleye.

I need to send it in to Winston and it's $25+ here and about $7 - $10 down there.

If you are able to deliver it to a Post Office down there I would appreciate it (and buy you a coffee or beer for your efforts).

Let me know if you can help me out...

Thanks,

Peter

Hey BigFry:

How about a little valium? :) Or should I put on my math teacher hat and pick apart your reply for spelling and grammar, lol? :)

Easy, everyone, easy. Peter's got a plaque on the wall at his house (I've seen it) recognizing his "cost-savings" measures. Just his way. :P

Smitty

• Like 1

Here is the problem.

7 to 10 US dollars ? Let's go half way and call it 8.50 plus 1.50 for the exchange rate etc. 10.00

You have to get it to the guy going south 3..00 for gas and 3.00 for cost of vehicle ownership. That's being very favourable is it not?

16.00 now. He has to get it to the post office - another 3.00 plus 3.00 out of his way?

22.00 and it still gets shipped back and you need to pick it up? Higher cost in the end and way more hassles

It's false economy and what you are really doing is getting someone else to "chip in" for the rod.

25.00 is the real bargain.

Not intending to insult you Peter, just being realistic.

• Like 1

I can attest to the fact that shipping is outrageous from Canada.I recently shipped a rod down to Oregon that cost me right around $50+ iirc(?)

,and the return shipping from Beulah was a flat $30.

Hell,sent a reel to NS and another to NB and it was $20 each!!Then I flew to NB in July and AC only charged me 30 bucks extra baggage for entire hockey bag fulla fishn gear!!

Canada Post sucks,and UPS quotes were double that again!!

Ok smart asses!

$52.20 with insurance!

I'm ahead of the game going with my plan even if I give said delivery person $20 for gas, and their trouble!

You are the one who said 25.00 lol.

If you get a pal to mule it down is he going to have to insure it?

Maybe one of those TFW's could drop it off on there way back home.

Take er easy Uber......Just having a bit of fun.

I can attest to the fact that shipping is outrageous from Canada.I recently shipped a rod down to Oregon that cost me right around $50+ iirc(?)

,and the return shipping from Beulah was a flat $30.

Hell,sent a reel to NS and another to NB and it was $20 each!!Then I flew to NB in July and AC only charged me 30 bucks extra baggage for entire hockey bag fulla fishn gear!!

Canada Post sucks,and UPS quotes were double that again!!

Don't get me started on UPS. Didn't have a problem with them until they lost a $420 ski jacket I was returning because it fell apart. So much for the insurance I bought...almost $60 for shipping and insurance and they ended up not paying me a dime.

Won at at TU event!

Yes spoke to them and they will certainly help but they are still pretty expensive... Missed their Winston shipment by a week or so...

I thought the shop you bought a rod at would help you out with warranty issues, isn't that the reason everyone pushes buy local?