Fly Fusion Forums

In High School I Hated Bullies...

Took a trip out beyond HWY 22 over the weekend. I was very disheartened early in the week to hear the news that Bull Trout had been placed on the threatened species list for Alberta. I was able to draw some encouragement from a terrific weekend of Cutties and Bulls. We caught close to a dozen bulls over the course of the weekend that spanned from 8" all the way to a 27.5" monster. We also had numerous opportunities to watch Bull Trout chase our Cutties all over the pools, some almost came right on to shore in desperate pursuit! Another tremendous weekend in one of the most beautiful places Alberta has to offer.

10491214_10152146367326261_2718692871690

10384188_709851173310_538647064260446596

• Like 5

That's awesome guys, nice weekend! I bumped into a guy on the river who said someone had gotten a 27 inch'er from right around where we were. Did you guys get the big guy on a 3wt? Congrats on the nice fish! If it was the same river we had an awesome couple of days as well it's fun!

That's awesome guys, nice weekend! I bumped into a guy on the river who said someone had gotten a 27 inch'er from right around where we were. Did you guys get the big guy on a 3wt? Congrats on the nice fish! If it was the same river we had an awesome couple of days as well it's fun!

The big guy was caught on a 4 weight. We got the big Bull on the Livi, which was really shocking. I'd expect to find a Bull that size below the Oldman falls, but I haven't seen one that big in the Livi before. We saw one below the Oldman Falls the next day that was easily 30"+.

The big guy was caught on a 4 weight. We got the big Bull on the Livi, which was really shocking. I'd expect to find a Bull that size below the Oldman falls, but I haven't seen one that big in the Livi before. We saw one below the Oldman Falls the next day that was easily 30"+.

Yeah must have been your fish I heard about, congrats that's a wicked fish!

For that big guy in the Livingstone, do you figure that bully is a resident or perhaps the beginning of spawning movements from Oldman Reservoir up the Oldman and into various tribs? I understand that the "Fall Spawn" for bulls will begin at its earliest in Mid-August.