Fly Fusion Forums

Lift Garage To Pour New Floor

:crybaby: I am throwing this topic out with the 'hope' that someone out there in the Flyfishing Community has some experience with or knows someone I could contact regarding the replacement of a cement floor in an unattached garage. It is so badly cracked and uneven that it is far removed from a cosmetic cure! It was poorly built (no rebar-- only 4 inch wire). In my opinion-- the best would be to raise the garage and repour the foundation and floor. The garage is still in very good shape-- so I do not wish to tear it down and rebuild unless that is a last resort.

Please email me or post if you have a suggestion or contact that could make this problem go away!!

Thanks you :excl:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this pad was a single pour with the perimeter foundation being a bit thicker than the pad. Thus, when the pad cracked it continued under the walls -- and is also affected by cracks and heaving. I have just had Abalon Foundation (previous suggestion) repair come and have a look. Their estimated does not involve lifting or building a separate foundation-- but replacing the pad and supporting and reinforcing the 'under the walls cement' portion with bricks tied into the cement. Not being a cement man-- I may not have a clear picture. May look for a further estimate.

Any other recommentations out there?