Fly Fusion Forums

First Pike, But Now I Need A Trolling Motor!

So I caught my first pike on the weekend and tested out my pontoon boat. It was a blast, but there's only one problem, I want to go lake fishing more now, so I have to buy a trolling motor for my pontoon. Just curious if there was any advice as to make/models and size anyone would recommend or if anyone has one sitting around they'd like to get rid of? I have a 9' pontoon boat with motor mount plate. Not looking for anything too special just solid quality.

Thanks!

post-2786-0-93029700-1401126637_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I got the traxxis 55 for my scadden, no one ever complained they had too much power. Buy the biggest 12 volt motor with maximizer that you are willing to spend. The extra power doesn't give you much more speed but it will make a huge difference when your heading into the wind/ whitecaps!

Wayne

Holy C R A P!! Are you going waderless/sockless in your pontoon?! Yikes!! That had to have been cooooooold!

The water wasn't too bad and with the sun shining it felt nice for a tiny bit.

Thanks everyone for the advice and those who pm'd me about getting rid of theirs'.