Fly Fusion Forums

Favorite Dry Flies

Big difference in favorites to tie and fish, it also depends on what waters and time of year as they do change from stream to stream, too big a subject to even scratch the surface on but as for fav dries. BWO, Humpty's, Royal Coachman in its various forms, Adams, Paradrakes, Klinkhamers, Stimulators, and Caddis imitations for a start.

Teck I am with you on the Mouse pattern. I landed my second largest rainbow ever, this year, on a mouse pattern in Stillwater and I still feel the adrenaline rush of that take when I think about it! :) If I could figure out how to post pictures on here I would, but it won't accept my links for some reason

• Like 1

I've had great success, (pre-flood that is) on the Cutty streams with a Parachute Caddis. I'm not sure if it's just me but I slay cutty's with that fly. Drives my friends crazy!! It's one of those flies that work, that you always forget you have!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dry -Wet Hybrid ........ or ............. more like a Griffith's Gnat with a Chukar or Partridge Wet Hackle tied just behind the eye of the hook, and fish it DRY of course, with a bit of Floatant as necessary. This was Dy-No-Mite on one of the local lakes last fall.

I am looking forward to trying it again as soon as the ice comes off.

Regards,

Dick Seymour.