Fly Fusion Forums

Weekly Challenge #1

Flytyer

The first challenge will be to tie a fly that must have a hackle but you may not use any material that comes from a bird of any kind. Feel free to use any other material you wish just as long it does not come from a bird.Have fun with this. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Like 1

Can I submit more then one fly for the weekly challenge? I've got some ideas that I may try out this week and see how it goes.

You can do as many as you want. Yhe idwa of the challenges is to try new things that you may not have tried before

This was a new one for me! Lots of learning going on haha Tried out a dubbing loop using wire to spin rubber leg hackles and flashabou together. Here's my first attempt at the spin, I added in some hair and it was a disaster!disaster.jpg

My second attempt worked better and I used the hackle on a bow bugger type pattern. Deer hair collar is a little light and the whole fly is a bit of a mess but I you can't go wrong with to many rubber legs right? haha

wireloop2.jpg

wireloop_1.jpg

Tail: Badger with rubber legs and mylar flashing

Body: Polar chenille Black

Hackle: Rubber legs and flashabou spun in a wire dubbing loop

Collar: Deer hair

Good learning experience, thanks for setting this up FlyTyer :)