Fly Fusion Forums

What Part Of Calgary Do You Live In Or Near.

What part of Calgary do you live in or near?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What part of Calgary do you live in or near?

• NW
    • NE
    • SW
    • SE
    • DT

heard a rumour that a new NW fly shop is in the works near Varsity/Dalhouse. I think it's long overdue but it did make me wonder where most of the posters are from on this site.

If you had a chance to open a shop where would you locate it?

Iron Bow

http://www.cochraneeagle.com/article/20130501/COE0903/305019963/-1/coe/fly-fishing-shop-will-have-me-as-a-regular-customer

I have heard this rumour as well, I'm pretty darn excited. I love fish tales but it's pretty far away, there, shop and back on a saturday I have to expect on 2.5 hours.... Fishtales is one of the best fly shops anywhere.

• Like 1

Just heard a rumour that a new NW fly shop is in the works near Varsity/Dalhouse. I think it's long overdue but it did make me wonder where most of the posters are from on this site.

If you had a chance to open a shop where would you locate it?

No Rumour,

Its opening in the mall by dalhousie station.

Its Mikey from the old Troutfitters.

Best of luck Mike, you'll run a great shop.

I think North is the way to go, good traffic up there as well.

• Like 1

I would love a flyshop in the NW. When bow river troutfitters was up here, I went there whenever I needed supplies. It was convenient. Now, it is a real long journey, because the several fly shops are all down south on Mcleod trail.

Should be interesting, as I know that another fly shop is poised to open in the NW, and that Troutfitters said that they were planning to open again in the NW in a year or so.

Should be interesting, as I know that another fly shop is poised to open in the NW, and that Troutfitters said that they were planning to open again in the NW in a year or so.

one and the same with the old owner and new name

one and the same

Nope not the same. Mike Day has no dealings with BRTF anymore and is starting his own shop. If BRTF opens one in the NW then we'll have two to choose from. I just hope they have cake at the grand openings.

Nope not the same. Mike Day has no dealings with BRTF anymore and is starting his own shop. If BRTF opens one in the NW then we'll have two to choose from. I just hope they have cake at the grand openings.

Sorry Brent, Mike and new flyshop Not troutfitters When I think of Mike I think of Troutfitters