Fly Fusion Forums

Champion Generators From Costco

These Costco Champion Gens are very loud. Where I Random camp a few people have them and you can tell who is running one from a considerable distance. Hondas are nice, but very $$, The Yamaha's I have heard are kind of middle of the road. Price and Db's.

I use a dedicated intelligent charger (http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045/0111577P/nascar-nascar-advantage-battery-charger-with-express-start-reviews/reviews.htm) that can handle deep cycle and regular batteries and it has no issues getting my batteries to 100%.

Ya my smart charger is not so smart,it gets confused when its hooked up to a bank of batteries.One at a time its ok.

I just use my battery on the "Cutty Hut" for interior lights and that's all. One charge lasts 60+ days. When it does get low I bring it home to recharge it. The "Cutty Hut" is really just a tent with walls, as I do everything outside (cooking etc,) It is dry (no water in it) and the only feature I ever use is the furnace which is an old school catalytic with no fan to drain the battery. It's all I need....but I do enviously eyeball a lot of the RV's that roll by. But alas...I am a simple man and it works for me. Hope to pull it in for the season in a month!! Can't wait!!

Check the noise ratings if possible ( decible). I have a fifth wheel and own a Honda 3000is. It is fantastic but expensive. The 2000 w as mentioned will probably not start an AC especially at higher elevation. The honda has eco throttle and is quiet. Only downfall is the 150 pounds but I made a dolly with wheels.

I see them listed at times used for 1400-1800 bucks.