Fly Fusion Forums

Humminbird Fishin Buddy

Howdy all, I put a few bucks together for a fish finder. I would like a unit I can use on my boat and switch to my pontoon when needed.I see the outfit Brian Chan uses is the HBird Fishn Buddy. I am leaning to that. Any input re that product or others would be welcome. Thx Paul

I have had the 140 for a few years now. It is kind of flakey when you power it up, it has troubles getting lock on bottom sometimes and I have to mess with the power button turning it on and off and mess with the battery connections. When it works it is easy to read and the side scan is cool in locating fish in the general area. It also eats batteries which could be minimized with rechargeables. It is super portable and seems to be out of the way while fishing. Got mine at Costco.

I have the 120 and the only issue I have is when I'm rowing my 'toon the unit likes to come out of the cradle. My next ff will be a separate head unit fom the scanner thingamajig. Other than that the side scanner and temperature guage are invaluable I think.

• 2 weeks later...