Fly Fusion Forums

Strike Indicator... Which Do You Use

I get those foot ball shaped basalt ones. Thill's...Basically it's everything a corkie is but it's IMO a little more aero dynamic.

It comes with it's stopper but those always eventually slipping out of your fingers and getting lost in the rocks or water so, i clip up some tooth picks(Round one withs points on each end) and use those instead. The line will foul up less with pointed towards the line and I get away with keeping it longer too. You can watch the tooth pick for any movement for hits that don't take the indie under or make an obvious stop.

It's easy to adjust depth on the fly and it doesn't leave any kinks. Just pull the toothpick to loosen it and slide it up and down. DONE!

Also i feel they cast better in the wind then the other options for bobbles. They do come down with a rather hard splat though like the Corkies do. Not a huge determent in mose cases

The down side is they charge $2 each when you get a bag of corkies for the same price almost but...I've the same 2 indie's for 2 seasons now so...doesn't seem to be an issue

Another thing that I like to use was something I pulled out of my wall eye tackle. It's the lindy floats. They're small and make little disturbance on the water. These are ones that look like penicillin pills. Same idea with tooth pick too. They work pretty well for me in small creeks

I found some links for these lol i wouldn't expect anything I'm looking for to be in stock at wholesale but just to give an idea

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fresh-saltwater-fishing/terminal-tackle/lindy-snell-floats/prod72654.html

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fresh-saltwater-fishing/floats-buoys/the-ice-n-fly-special-float/prod279240.html

• 2 weeks later...