Fly Fusion Forums

100 Years Young

My better half and I just came from a birthday party for a friend, !00 Years Young. Sharen is amazing, and when she speaks I am all ears. Can you imagine what she has seen and lived in her life time. It is a great and valuable experience to be around her. If I make it anything near that age,( Mom is 93 and on vacation in Califoria, and sharp as a tack), I hope I have a clue. On the other hand, my beloved Uncle is old and has memory problems, but every morning his daughter tells him he won the lottery, and he starts every day excited and happy. I'm not that old,but let's here it for we old fogeys.Regards PL

That is wonderful, my Mom passed last year at 97. She grew up on the prairies in a sod hut and remembers the plains Indians coming through every year, they would stay a week and slaughter a cow in exchange for furs. My Grandpa passed at 105. Fly fished till 101, (we fished together on his last outing) he could still tie flies till the end, much slower but beautiful ones that I treasure. These people are living history books, I am so glad many of my relative kept diaries.

• Like 1