Fly Fusion Forums

Southbow Is Closing Its Doors

CrisD

Noticed this on Kijiji http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sporting-goods-exercise-fishing-camping-outdoors-Fly-fishing-store-close-out-W0QQAdIdZ438681531

430-412 Pine Creek Road DeWinton AB.

Southbow Fly & Tackle is closing their doors.

Storewide saving starting Tuesday Dec 11

NO Returns, No holds. In stock items only.

First come first serve.

40-50percent off entire store.All items must go!

Flies,leaders,lines,tippets,fly tying material,tools,rods,reels,gear bags, wading boots,waders,jackets,fly boxes,nets and much more.

Taking offers on all store fixtures,thread spool racks ,fly bins,rod racks etc...

2 weeks only.

Open 10am till 6 pm Tuesday through Friday, Saturday 10 am till 5 pm

Always sad to see any kind of shop close their doors.

Calgary, needs a fly shop in the NW. I'm not liking the big box store in Balzac anymore.

Love to see one in the NW again Troutfitters sure is missed but at least the ones in the south are on the way to the river and you can find a parking spot

Having a bit of a conundrum...having never stepped foot in the store ( as stated long way from the NW) and as much as I like a good deal, running down there to get a deal when I did not financially support their dream of running a flyshop seems a little reprehensible...having said that I also realize the more they sell now the less is owed to the creditors....

Having a bit of a conundrum...having never stepped foot in the store ( as stated long way from the NW) and as much as I like a good deal, running down there to get a deal when I did not financially support their dream of running a flyshop seems a little reprehensible...having said that I also realize the more they sell now the less is owed to the creditors....

Well the rest of the fly fishing community in calgary is doing it....

Vultures....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really too bad to see this shop close. I never ventured into any other fly shops in the city, other than wss and bps. Hit up the fishin hole once or twice as well.

Southbow was a great place to bs on a bad weather day, the guys were always full of information. Taught me a lot, in return I told them how I did. My first two years of fly fishing wouldn't have been what they were without these guys and their fantastic shop. Thanks a lot - good luck with what ever path you may take.