Fly Fusion Forums

Truck Tires... Opinions.

The Ranger needs new meats. I currently have Nokian Vatiiva's on it and althouth I was impressed with there traction on snow, the longevity has left something to be desired. Any opnions on what I should look at for new tires would be appreciated. I dont want anything to knobby. Michelin LTX 2's were what I was thinking, but frick are they expensive!

Thoughts, opinions, experiences....please!

• Like 1

Hankook Dynapros are sweet, nice aggressive tread, look sharp, ride great and super quiet on the Hi-Way.. Got them on my Jeep... Have 25K on them since this early spring, lotsa gravel back roads ect... Still 80ish% Tread left, along with a nice even wear....

I know that I am using the Toyo Open Country All-Terrain and I love them. I also know my friend who works in agriculture and runs a fleet of trucks and they won't use anything but the Toyo with a 10-ply. They have tried a lot of the most common ones but always keep coming back to the Toyo's.

The Michelins would be money well spent. I don't run them but those that do think highly of the LTX 2's. I need a mud and snow tire and been runnin' Toyo/Nitto M55/HD Grapplers

The Ranger needs new meats. I currently have Nokian Vatiiva's on it and althouth I was impressed with there traction on snow, the longevity has left something to be desired. Any opnions on what I should look at for new tires would be appreciated. I dont want anything to knobby. Michelin LTX 2's were what I was thinking, but frick are they expensive!

Thoughts, opinions, experiences....please!

Check them out at Costco(LTX 2s) not sure what you consider expensive but they work well in my opinion on a similar size truck

• 2 weeks later...

Well after doing some calling around today, I am thinking that its most likely going to be the LTX's. Cheapest I have found is Canadian Tire, then Kal Tire, then Costco. There is a $40 difference per tire between Canadian Tire and Costco.