Fly Fusion Forums

You Get What You Deserve!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Well, there is way more to this story than what the Sun reports here. Which is typical because the whole story doesn't sound as exciting.

I do not condone trafficking of wild life. But I'm sure you all know all the rules surrounding these charges.

FYI, it is legal to sell antlers in alberta. It is legal to possess antlers. It is not legal to sell antlers attached to a skull.

The majority of his antlers are sheds he either found or were given to him by local community members. Something he had been collecting for over 20 years.

Unfortunately, he did break the law. Which he will pay for, but to make him out like this huge underground wildlife offender is way way off. So, to say you hope he loses everything seems unfair to me to judge this man from an Edmonton Sun article.

The Sun isn't much above the National Enquirer IMO - I never realized how bad it was until ~10 years ago. There was a controversial situation going on in the city, and my family was very close to the family involved. Comparing the real story to how they reported it was a HUGE eye opener. I've never looked at media in general the same since.. it's all about sensationalism.