Fly Fusion Forums

Hmmm....

If it's the Liv... There are many that think that guides should not be taking clients there during the summer!!

P

Was fishing a place down south and ran across a guide with clients. He told me about how he guides there 5 days a week all summer long. He also told me I shouldn't tell anybody about said spot because its a secret and word cant get out.

Thoughts????

There are very few secret spots these days..

Besides I heard the fishing in southern Alberta is terrible. :)

It isn't a well known spot, I can guarantee you have never heard of it. Searches on the web bring up very little. Obviously I will not be naming it.

However how could a guide not think that guiding on it 5 days a week could bring pressure. I think he is digging his own grave.

Depends on how you pick your clients. I know some guides in Southern AB who would never bring clients from Calgary, or anywhere else in nearby for that matter, to their prime water but will bring clients from far away no problem. Little chance of the word getting out that way, at least in the short term.

I think I know who you are talking about. If it's the same guy, I've heard he is usually a real A-Hole when he see's anyone else fishing "his" river. Although I in no way agree that it is "his" river, he is definately right in telling you to keep it a secret - word can't get out. Definately keep it to yourself, you obviously stumbled upon it on your own and that's how others should find out about it as well because once word gets out it will be ruined. Think about how special it is now and then think about it with with at least 50X the pressure - it's not going to be so special anymore is it?

he is definately right in telling you to keep it a secret - word can't get out. Definately keep it to yourself, you obviously stumbled upon it on your own and that's how others should find out about it as well because once word gets out it will be ruined. Think about how special it is now and then think about it with with at least 50X the pressure - it's not going to be so special anymore is it?

I dont go through the trouble of finding out of the way gems to post them on the internet, but I just figured it was funny how he is guiding people on this place 5 days a week and then complaining about increased pressure. Wonder why...........

Y'all want to post the coordinates to the ones I know?................................................................................

.................................................................................

.................................................................................

. Piss on it, I rather go fishin', Racehorse is fishin' goood right now.