Fly Fusion Forums

One Proud Dad.

Had a great time camping out at Cataract Creek this past weekend. Took my 4 year old son fishing to try and get him hooked on flyfishing. Well I took him to a nice run and assisted Charles in casting. Well it did not take long before a eagar brookie took his dry fly, and the fight was on for him. I helped him bring in the first fish where he posed and had a big smile on his face. We let the fish go, and continued casting. Well another brookie makes a nice splash and I let Charles handle this fish by himself. He did really good, 4 brookies to hand, Smile from ear to ear on each fish and great memories that will last his life time. It was a great time to be had.

Black Ant

Had a great time camping out at Cataract Creek this past weekend. Took my 4 year old son fishing to try and get him hooked on flyfishing. Well I took him to a nice run and assisted Charles in casting. Well it did not take long before a eagar brookie took his dry fly, and the fight was on for him. I helped him bring in the first fish where he posed and had a big smile on his face. We let the fish go, and continued casting. Well another brookie makes a nice splash and I let Charles handle this fish by himself. He did really good, 4 brookies to hand, Smile from ear to ear on each fish and great memories that will last his life time. It was a great time to be had.

Black Ant

Just curious, what rod are you using with your little guys? My daughter keeps asking me to take her out but I don't have any kid friendly gear. was thinking about picking up a little 3wt or something that she can use.

Just curious, what rod are you using with your little guys? My daughter keeps asking me to take her out but I don't have any kid friendly gear. was thinking about picking up a little 3wt or something that she can use.

HI Hairygrump,

That was a 4wt my son was using. I gave him my 6wt to try out but he does not have the strength to handle that rod yet. 3wt would be great for your daughter.

My son talks about that fishing trip to everyone he meets. I think this will be a memory he will never forget.

Good luck with your daughter.

Black Ant

I really envy you guys. I raised one fisherman out of three tries. My oldest (now 19) has been fishing with me since he was 3 or 4. I really miss those trips from when he was little, though he is a blast to fish with now. Loves it probably more than I do, and is probably better at it if I were to tell the truth. You guys are in for so much fun, enjoy every moment of it!