Fly Fusion Forums

285 Access

So today I tried heading down rr285 to take the road in front of the burnco plant but ran into a locked gate. My question is where do you get access to the north side of the Bow across from the cottonwood golf course? I've taken every road from the north down to the Bow and have only found access at the highwood confluence. Any help would be great.

So 97 views and no one has any info? Is there a special handshake I need to know? LOL. You can PM if you don't want to post publicly, but I find it hard to believe that the only access to the north side of the bow from police is at 2 places. Trying to get to areas that are fairly flat to walk as the wife has a real crapped out knee ATM and hills are killer.

WAH! WAH! WEH! BLBLBLBLBLB! HUH! WEE!

(Sorry wish i knew)

So when Gary, who I suspect is a C&R, leave-nothing-but-his footprints asks a pretty decent question about Bow access he gets this kind of response.

There may be a reason why there are a colossal 67 members and lurkers on this board right now while the other Alberta magazine-sponsored forum has 884 logged on.

So when Gary, who I suspect is a C&R, leave-nothing-but-his footprints asks a pretty decent question about Bow access he gets this kind of response.

There may be a reason why there are a colossal 67 members and lurkers on this board right now while the other Alberta magazine-sponsored forum has 884 logged on.

So when I, a C&R, leave nothing but my footprints AND take garbage off the bank with me, posts a joke followed by my answer to the question, I get a response like this.

Go flame on your other Alberta magazine sponsored forum.

do you smile much?

From what I have been told... Said landowner with locked gate once allowed access but got pissed off with all the garbage and disrespect that was happening so therefore you ( and everyone else) has to drive to rr 282 to gain access.

Sorry to dispell your theory! There is no conspiracy against you, hidden agenda or secret club!!

P

P.S. Another option is to buy a jet boat and rip up and down until you've scare and pissed off all the other anglers then you'll have all the access to that side that you want!! :ridemcowboy:

P.S. Another option is to buy a jet boat and rip up and down until you've scare and pissed off all the other anglers then you'll have all the access to that side that you want!! :ridemcowboy:

HEY, no joking around here..

Guest Wrecker

Google earth and 20 dollars of fuel....

Some guys actually do footwork, go for drives, hikes, ASK PERMISSION on said drives to gain access.

C'mon not rocket science here.

Google earth and 20 dollars of fuel....

Some guys actually do footwork, go for drives, hikes, ASK PERMISSION on said drives to gain access.

C'mon not rocket science here.

Did that, all the way from the new hospital to Mac Flats, every road turning south. Not looking for anything special, just some HELPFUL advice.

Thanks to those that sent me PM's and posted up here, I really appreciate it.

Trying to get to areas that are fairly flat to walk as the wife has a real crapped out knee ATM and hills are killer.

If you really want areas that are easier walking for her knee, that would be my last choice. The whole north side of the river along that stretch has steep hills to descend to get to the river. If you want flatter easier access what's wrong with Mckinnons, police, legacy, fish creek.... Etc. Etc.... Anywhere but there really.

Black hole of fun alert! Try not to get sucked into the event horizon.

Gary, I wish I had info for you, but I specifically look for spots with hills (not kidding here), the steeper the better. Keeps the traffic a bit lower. I have heard that a few landowners are starting to restrict access.

Guest Wrecker

The interesting number would be how many actually read Waughs' articles... :th_46877_bait_fisher1_122_599lo