Fly Fusion Forums

Panasonic Lumix Dcm-ts3 Question

Purchased this camera a few months ago and have been playing around with it...

Went ski touring yesterday and took some video... How do I upload the videos to my desk top or to iPhoto (didn't transfer when the photos uploaded) and nothing in the instructions...

All my previous cameras did this automatically...

Thanks in advance,

Peter

*note* not to convert any of the files, just to be able to view them from my desktop (using quicktime or whatever) and email them...

Thanks Eric,

I thought I looked there, but Ill look again...

*Edit* yeah all that is in the stream folder are "exec" files!! I'm pretty sure they are not Mac compatible (so I can't open them and may have to convert)...

P

I have ts2, I find the raw video file in SD card:

PRIVATE > AVCHD > BDMW > STREAM folder

The file is quite large, you will need to convert it to send through email... Or just upload to facebook as private video and send it over.

Yeah I wasn't able to look at it last night after work...

But I did find this tid bit searching the interweb...

If you use a Mac, the AVCHD (30 min recording at a time) mode does not play, I have to A) convert the file or B) set the camera to HD (10 min recording at a time) mode.

i have that camera and only effective way to get the videos off the camera is to use the supplied software photo fun studio 6.1 HD. not sure if it works with MAC though

Yeah I wasn't able to look at it last night after work...

But I did find this tid bit searching the interweb...

If you use a Mac, the AVCHD (30 min recording at a time) mode does not play, I have to A) convert the file or B) set the camera to HD (10 min recording at a time) mode.

The best way of converting any video format on mac is using ffmpeg. BUT, you have to be geeky enough to know how to use it. Something like this will convert you .mts to avi with original quality (no messed up ratio/bit rate).

I think you should still try VLC first, I think it will play fine.

Yup not mac compatible (at least for my version of the camera [purchased late 2011] might be different with the latest version)... I've sent out an e-mail to Panasonic to see what they have to say...

Probably have to use this though: http://www.hdconverterformac.com/mac-avchd...-converter.html

Cheers,

P

i have that camera and only effective way to get the videos off the camera is to use the supplied software photo fun studio 6.1 HD. not sure if it works with MAC though

Hey Jeff ,

Someone else just inquired as well. So far so good. I haven't used it underwater or in low light. Photo quality has been good and other then the issues uploading video to a mac (as you read) I've been happy with it. I've also read good things about he new Nikon WP as well. I've had a few issues with my finger on the lens and in the photos b/c there is no lens cap and where the lens is situated (upper left as opposed to in the middle like my last camera. I like the fact that I can turn off the gps. Other then that I'm quite happy with it.

P

Pete,

Other than your issue, how do you like the camera? We are shopping for a new camera and we are thinking about an underwater one for an upcoming trip to the Cook Islands.

Jeff