Fly Fusion Forums

Here We Go Again!!!

SteveM

Hit the Bow Saturday morning with our favorite Texican. As rickr mentioned in the Bow River Reports section, we got whities, 'bows & browns on CJ's, Hare's Ears, caddis, & stones. Didn't take many pics. Here's a brown...

p7300249.jpg

And, here's some fish food...

p7300246.jpg

Fished for a couple hours. Rick went home to do chores. I went south for some crick fishin'. Got some little 'bows...

p7300250.jpg

Saw some flowers...

p7300253.jpg

I realized some one was there before me. Someone with big-arse claws...

p7300256.jpg

Looked over my shoulder a lot after that.

Kept fishing, though, & got a bunch of trout on my 2 wt. Most were on an Elkhair Caddis, with a few cutties taking the big ole beetle in the pics...

p7300258.jpg

p7300260.jpg

p7300268.jpg

p7300267.jpg

p7300263.jpg

(more to come...)

More...

p7300266.jpg

p7300261.jpg

More pics from the last few weeks:

Fish food...

p7270227.jpg

Close enough?

p7270234.jpg

Close enough for this guy!

I got this 5am brown on the 3wt...

p7270219.jpg

p7270220.jpg

See ya!

p7270216.jpg

Rick with another early morning brown that ate a stone fly dry...

texican.jpg

Same morning; also on a dry...

dryflybow.jpg

Even when I'm at home, I get little visitors that remind me that I should be fishing...

p7240212.jpg

(continued...)

My daughter took this pic. Near Golden, B.C., along the Kickinghorse river. From the safety of the car, of course. Across the highway. Across the river...

019mg.jpg

A few from a rainy morning on the crick...

p7220161.jpg

fisheyeharebell.jpg

p7220181.jpg

Serendipity Nymph was money; fished it like a dry...

p7220164.jpg

p7220160.jpg

Royal Wulff did OK, too...

p7220169.jpg

p7220179.jpg

Of course I have more flower pics, Marc; thanks for asking!

p7220183.jpg

whorvisandharebells.jpg

(etc.)

As you may have noticed from my new signature(at the bottom of my posts), my little family

recently had to say goodbye to our beloved dog, Bear. I was very sad to hold him in my arms as he passed peacefully in the vet's office. It was very sudden & shocking for myself, my wife & daughter. Bear was only 10 years old; thought we'd get another 5 years or so with him. Unfortunately, we don't get to make those decisions. This is Bear...

One of our first pics of our new puppy. My daughter, Becca, named him Bear, 'cuz she said he looked like a baby polar bear...

p3290119.jpg

He became Becca's alarm clock; an alarm clock that tried to lick her face off every morning!

p3290134y.jpg

He loved his toys...

20627.jpg

But, hated bugs! He's barking at a gray drake on my thumb...

44286.jpg

Bear loved to dress up(not really)...

img0620dd.jpg

p4020220.jpg

And, he loved to fight with his stuffed toys.

Sometimes he won...

img0593xs.jpg

Donkey had his number, though...

1000462k.jpg

Bear could sleep anywhere, but he especially loved our new furniture. He sleep-tested every inch of it in the few months that we've had it. His favorite spot, though, was always the one that someone had just vacated; he just lived to steal our seats!

p5151148.jpg

p5141142.jpg

He's been gone 3 weeks, and I still return to the living room half expecting him to be in my chair...

(cont.)

Bear was 30lbs of unconditional love, with most of that love being reserved for my wife & kid...

p9270394.jpg

094ko.jpg

1000841k.jpg

Becca took this pic of herself & Bear just a few days before he left us...

035aa.jpg

Becca chose Bear from the litter because he fell asleep in her arms.

Ten years later, in a vet's office, he fell asleep in my arms; the house seems kinda empty without him.

I'm not saying that Bear was the best dog ever. But, my wife says we'll never get another; it wouldn't be fair to expect a new dog to live up to the standard that Bear set. I think she's right.

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." - Roger Caras

I love that last picture of Bear and your daughter.

It's hard to think of getting another dog after losing that one special friend - but sometimes it does help. After we lost Tia, I couldn't even think about getting another dog, just no way to replace her. But low and behold we had a pure bred bichon rescue dropped in our laps a few months later, hard to say no to a dog that was bounced around through 6 different homes.

Honestly, I resented him for a while and felt guilty over having another dog in the house but it didn't take that "little white sheep" long to dig in and make himself part of the family. He seemed to know that we were grieving and he made me realize that he wasn't the replacement I was expecting... He turned out to be his own dog, totally different personality but loved just the same. He still suffers indignities at the hands of the girls (even tho they're grown now), they paint him up with bingo dabbers - he was a pumpkin for one halloween, braveheart for another, then a rainbow for another, the list goes on. rarely is he pure white. They painted Tia the same way...

Time will make things easier, but it doesn't always heal...

Guest galsfishtoo

Awesome pictures as usual, thanks for sharing.

I am so sorry to hear about Bear :( my thoughts are with you and your family. Our first Bichon we lost to cancer at 5 years old. The one we have now is quite the character, they are truly very special dogs. They are a member of the family.

An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language. - Martin Buber

I have had 6 dogs come and go in my lifetime.........Everyone was special and holds a special place in my heart....my newest best friend is a pure joy.....I did not want another dog, but im sure glad to see his excitement everytime i come home. He absolutly adores my 2 girls and they could not be happier. You can never replace a dog the you have grown to love...

I have been a member on this forum for quite awhile and this has to be the best post...thanks for bringing back so many good memories