Fly Fusion Forums

Amundson Experience

Sorry I took so long getting back.

I'm not the brightest bulb on the block.

The adress should have been

sales\manager@amundson.ca

Thanks Brunsie, I'll give that a try. I tried "sales-manager" at someone elses suggection and I never got the "un-deliverable" message. On the the other hand I never got an e-mail back either. I wonder where it went?

Beeker

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

hmmm, if i were to buy all my cheap stuff again i would buy all TFO so at least the store is in the same city. Just walk in and replace.

but if i could do all my purchasing again i would not buy any of that crap to begin with...oh well

i hope this all turns out good for you

Hi beeker

Finally found my handle and password to get on here so I would have responded earlier.

I have also responded to your email received today at the correct address at sales-manager@amundson.ca

It is unfortunate that this matter had to be corrected by way of a forum howver had you requested that a replacement would have sufficed instead of a refund, this matter would have been corrected earlier. The replacement reel has been sent out to you as of todays date.

Trusting that you will be sstisfied with the G2 and should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the address listed above.

Tight lines buds!!

PK

i hope everything gets sorted out.

if anyone else has any problems, please let Brunsie, myself or HPK know ASAP. if the dealer will not or cannot help you, we will do our best. Brunsie and I are only prostaff so we are limited in what we can do but we might be able to assist you in getting the right answers sooner than later.

that being said, i have 6 of their rods, TXS, Trend and WindWarrior feather lite reels. i have not had problems with any of them. the reels are decent for the price range that they are in. i get to test the gear in all sorts of situations and i report back any problems or concerns.

Hi beeker

Finally found my handle and password to get on here so I would have responded earlier.

I have also responded to your email received today at the correct address at sales-manager@amundson.ca

It is unfortunate that this matter had to be corrected by way of a forum howver had you requested that a replacement would have sufficed instead of a refund, this matter would have been corrected earlier. The replacement reel has been sent out to you as of todays date.

Trusting that you will be sstisfied with the G2 and should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the address listed above.

Tight lines buds!!

PK

HPK, Brunsie,

Thanks for helping out. I haven't been on here for a couple of days. The joys of shift work. Plus packing up to head out to the "Fishing Highway" in BC. Leaving in the morn. Thanks again.

Beeker

I've been using an Amundson reel bag for the past year and a half that has been to hell and back and it's really holding up well.

Can't say I've used the reels in question, but I do know that the local pro staff for Amundson in AB, are first class folks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brunsie, HPK,

The replacement G2 reel arrived today. Thank you very much. With a little luck I'll get to try it out on Wedensday. I have to say the new G2 version looks and feels like a very nice reel. Thanks again.

Beeker

P.S. The Hwy 24 trip to BC was a bit of a bust. Cool, very wet and an insane amount of skitters. Fishing was very slow.

I have a trend that has the exact same problem as yours. I contacted amundson more then a few times while it was still under warranty and they said they would fix it for a fee.

I decided the reel wasn't worth it to fix after reading on the net of the problems they have had with those reels. My buddy had the same thing happen to his and both of our reels are now sitting in the garage and will probably hit the dumpster whenever I decide to do another garage clean up. At first I thought that amundson was a solid company with great products but after this experience I don't think I will buy anything else from them and I know of a few other guys that I fish with that won't either.

nate

I just talked to my buddy and I guess his reel is a model lower then mine. So they aren't the same but are still doing the same thing and are both useless right now.