Fly Fusion Forums

Official 2011 Streamwatch Auction Round 3

reevesr1

Welcome fellow anglers...

In 2008, Alberta Stream Watch was expanded to include a Stream Watch Officer in the foothills of S.W. Alberta. (for those of you unfamiliar with Stream Watch please visit: Alberta Stream Watch

After a successful first year in 2008, the program ran again in 2009 and 2010 and many of you who fished the Oldman/Livingstone area last summer may have had a chance to meet our Stream Watch Conservation Officer, Jeff Cox, who initiated numerous angler interactions and made a significant impact on awareness of stewardship and angling regulations in the area. Please visit Stream Watch Annual Report to see the annual report. You may have also noted the new signage in the area.

It's now time again to start our donations drive for Stream Watch 2011 Stream Watch relies on donations from corporations and individuals to fund it's efforts. A good part of the success in our fund raising for the past two years was the result of the Fly Fish Calgary Online Auction, thanks to the generosity of donors and bidders alike. For 2011, Rick Reeves, (rickr) will co-ordinate the Auction, collecting donations and compiling bids. Last year, this auction raised over $8000.00. Rick would really like to surpass the total raised when toolman ran this auction, when in 2008 he raised over $10,000. Now that the economy is beginning to hum along again, hopefully this auction will follow suit!

Here is a copy of the highlights of Streamwatch in 2010:

I know Stream Watch can count on your continuing support through the Auction and if possible, please consider supporting Stream Watch through an individual or corporate donation. Also, if you know of potential corporate or individual donors that we should contact, please let me know and I'll make sure that happens.

Thank you,

Al Caldwell

Auction Guidelines:

You can post your bids on this thread or make a silent bid by sending rickr a pm. When bids for any of the items listed have reached a reasonable offer (met or exceeded market value) and/or, have been posted for a period of time with no new bids forthcoming, we will announce a Closing Notice with a closing date/time for the item.

All payments for items are expected to be honored within 10 days of the items closing date. Payment details, including acceptable methods of payments, mailing address and contact information, are explained at the bottom of this page.

Your support is greatly appreciated and thanks to all who have already donated generously.

Now lets have some fun....Let the bidding begin...

********************************************************************************

Payments can be made by cheque or credit card. Cheques should be made payable to "Trout Unlimited Canada." Send all cheques for donations and payment for auction items, to:

Trout Unlimited Canada

Ste. 160, 6712 Fisher St. S.E.

Calgary, AB, T2H 2A7

Attn: Kimberly Davidson

Memo note: Please mark all cheque payments "Alberta Stream Watch". Please indicate your Auction item # on your payment or mark Donation.

T.U.C. does not use PayPal, but will accept all major Credit Cards.

To pay for an auction item or make a donation with a Credit Card, contact Kimberly Davidson, Trout Unlimited Canada in Calgary, @ 403-221-8360. Make sure to mention that your payment is for a donation or for an Auction Item for Alberta Streamwatch and for an auction items be sure to give her the Auction Item # you are paying for..

If you have purchased an auction item and completed payment, we will notify the member who has donated the item/service.

The buyer should then contact the member via pm or phone to make arrangements to receive their goods/services.

Special thanks to our 2011 Stream Watch Corporate Partners. Also, thanks to Fly Fish Calgary for continuing to allow us to run this auction on their site.

A full list of sponsors can be seen here:

Current Stream Watch Sponsors

I would also like to thank toolman for doing this the first two years and giving me a template to steal, and of course to Al for organizing this whole thing! So lets get going:

********************************************************************************

2011 Streamwatch Auction Items

13. Fly Fishing Desktop Wallpapers - $4 each (singles) or 5 for $15 (multipacks) donated by sirocco

More from Eric

I photographed nearly all of the photos for the TFO Canada website. My work has appeared in Singletrack mountain biking magazine, Travel Photographer of The Year's Journey Two book, and one of my pieces resides in the permanent collection of the Steamwhistle Art Gallery in Toronto.

In an effort to support Stream Watch on a long term basis, I decided to turn the photos on the TFO website into downloadable desktop wallpapers. These will be available year-round and will be updated periodically. Although these are purchased through the TFO site, 100% of the proceeds go to Stream Watch. The first donation will go directly to Stream Watch at the end of the FFC Auction, so buy early and often!

Browse the wallpapers here: Wallpaper Site

Please note these are not suitable for printing. If you have any questions please e-mail me at: erik@templeforkoutfitters.ca

From Rick: As these wallpapers can be purchased directly from TFO, via the link above, there is no reason to bid. But if you do buy some, go ahead and say so on the auction thread. Please help Erik and TFO support Streamwatch!

16. Bucket List Golden Trout Aug 7 and 8 donated and Hosted by by fishpro

More from Dustin:

One day of fishing for Golden Trout on Barnaby Lakes. I am not a guide but have been to the lakes a few times and have successfully landed fish each time I was there. I know the trail and some effective flies that I can provide suggestions on before we go. This auction is for up to 3 anglers, you can bid on one, two, or all three spots of the trip. I will be fishing with participants on this trip.

Logistics: I will provide the transportation from Calgary. I will have room for three others in my car, although it may be a little crammed. We will meet the evening of Aug 7 and drive down to the trailhead so that we can get an early start on the trail the next morning. I will be sleeping in my car or pitching a tent, all winning bidders will need to either bring a tent and sleeping bag or drive down in their own vehicle.

Note: The hike to the lakes is about a 2.5-3 hour up hill hike and participants will need to be in good physical condition for this trip. Please be prepared for all mountain weather and situations. All liability will be assumed by the participants.

053gd.jpg

From Rick:

This trip is for 3 people. Like the Bullhead seminar action, top 3 bidders will get to go on this.

Winning Bid 1:$ 50 hawgstoppah

Winning Bid 2:$50 gustuphson

Winning Bid 3:$50 biggyj

Auction Closed!

23.Lake Summerside Hunt for Hawgs – June 4th or June 5th , 2011 donated and hosted bySmitty

More info from (smitty):

"This will be a full day of fishing on Edmonton’s version of Lake Sundance. Summerside Lake is stocked with rainbow trout; some of them have pushed close to 9lbs. This trip will take place between June 4th or 5th, 2011. Last year June was incredible month with fish not being very picky. Thirty fish days are possible (maybe more). I will supply lunch, and, if necessary, enough equipment (rods, reels, and flies) including watercraft (I have a 4-man inflatable, canoe, pontoon boat, and float tube). You supply your own transportation to the lake. I am not a guide; it’s an opportunity just to get some access to some fast and furious stillwater action.

This is a trip for 2 anglers, so the top 2 bids will win. (Note: I am planning to fish both days, so the 2 anglers don’t necessarily have to coordinate the days, whatever works, but that’s the weekend)."

Winning Bid 1:$50 BBT

Auction Closed!

28. A Weekend Backcountry Fishing With Troutlover donated and hosted by troutlover

More from Jared

This will take place July 15th, 16th and 17th We will leave Calgary Friday 4 p.m. Sharp! and hike into some remote lakes in Banff National Park. One of the lakes is virtually unknown! and FULL of hungry cutties the streams hold LOADS of hungry fish as do the surrounding FIVE! lakes we will visit. The scenery is breathtaking this hike truly holds some of the most amazing views in Banff. Species targeted will be Brookies, Cutties and the beautiful Yellowstone Cutt shown below. Yellowstone Cutts get up to 18 inches. This truly will be the adventure of a lifetime! I will take two people. They MUST be physically fit and capable of hiking moderate terrain up to 13 km per day and comfortable scrambling up and down rock slides.

Equipment can be sorted out i would rather the winning bid bring their own but i have LOADS that i can lend. Trip will include all flies, Food, travel, Accommodations in a back country Hut and Backcountry booking fees. PM me if you have any questions before you bid. Winner will be responsible for their park fishing permit. this is not a guided trip winning bid assumes all personal liability.

This auction is for up to two people. If winning bidder does not have a partner, then the second highest bidder may be offered a spot as well.

fishpics015nh6.jpg

Winning Bid:$325 TheWorm

Auction Closed!

29. Bow River Flies and Flybox donated by Ickyflworks

Up for auction is the pictured flybox and 50 flies specifically selected for the Bow River by Ben at Ickyflyworks! Ickyflyworks will also match the winner's donation to Streamwatch. Thanks again to Ickyflyworks for their continued support!

img00098201104192132.jpg

Winning Bid:$75 gustuphson

Auction Closed!

30. Assorted Flies tied and donated by fishingfromayak

Up for auction are two sets of flies donated by fishingfromkayak. They consist of chrinomids, several different nymphs, softhackle flies, brassies, streamers, etc.

For more of these flies, please see Mike's ebay page at:

Chironomidaddict Ebay Page

Thanks again Mike for the continued support!

Here is a testimonial from beedhead from last year's auction:

Hi Rick, Mike ties about 95% of all flies I use for all over AB, still waters, streams/Rivers, he sells his flies world wide with great success. I have been casting them for the last 3 years, andt hey are of top notch quality and creativity. He and I come up with some pretty awesome patterns. The Chironies he is offering work like a hot damn at Bullshead. The brassies are very, very nice as well, I had a great day on the crow, a couple weeks ago on Mike's Brassies...

So, I'll do this in two auctions, see below

30a. 36 Chironomid's, Brassies, and Soft Hackle Flies

p4200002a.jpg

Winning Bid:$40 cgyguy

30b.25 Assorted Flies including nymphs, leeches, buggers, chironomids and soft hackles.

p4200001e.jpg

Winning Bid:$30 tgo

Auction Closed!

31. Amundson Top Fly 496W and TCR Fly Reel donated by Amundson

Up for auction is a Wood Finish Top Fly 496 (6 wt, 4 pc) fly rod with a TCR reel. Below are links to the rod and reel. Thanks to Amundson and Brunsie for the donation!!

Note from Rick: I own a 4 wt Top Fly, a 5 wt Wind Warrior and my son has a 3/4 Midge. I really like Amundson rods! Also, as a Canadian company they always are willing to support causes such as Streamwatch.

Top Fly Rods

TCR Reels

Amundson Home Page

Winning Bid:$175 troutlover

Auction Closed!

32. Camping, Cavorting, and Catching on the Castle donated and hosted byDrBullTrout

More from Andrew

Up for grabs is a plain old weekend of fishing with me in the Castle drainage...we might catch some fish, we might get tipsy, or maybe both..I make no promises except for good company (unless you hog all the holes)...have accomodations (you can sleep in my trailer if you're not gassy and in a tent if you are) if needed as well as any gear...I get back to my roots (hot dogs, hamburgers and chips) when I camp so don't expect fancy meals or lunches...I will supply sarcasm and high fives for free...

Note from Rick: I had the privilege of fishing the Castle a few times last year. Had really good luck on big, feisty cutts, and saw, but could not interest, several large bull trout. If I had been with Andrew, perhaps my bull trout fishing would have been more effective. Whatever the case, it is a wonderful river system.

Winning Bid:$250 gustuphson

Auction Closed!!

33. The Humblefisherman Wild Card Tripl donated by and hosted by The Humblefisherman

Up for auction is a "Wild Card" trip from The Humblefisherman. It could be a float down The Bow, or some bushwhacking in Somewhere, Alberta. The winning bidder gets to call the trip.

Here is a link to Jay's video's on Youtube to give an idea of what you could be in for.

Humble's Videos

Winning Bid:$300 gaffer

Auction Closed!

If Jared's backcountry goes for more than my luxury accommodation Panorama cutty trip, I will NOT be happy. ;)

Especially since that is the weekend he was supposed to help me with my family fly fishing extravaganza in BC. But no worries. Just screwing me over and getting more donations than me. Great friend.