Fly Fusion Forums

Outcast Pac 1200 Pontoon Boat

My wife and I are thinking of buying an Outcast PAC1200 2 person pontoon boat as an easier to store and transport alternative to a driftboat. So far, I haven't seen any negative comments on the web. Do any list members have any experience with this boat. It looks ideal for our purposes, but I would be very interested in others' views.

thanks

Hi Mark, I have a single pontoon boat and have often wondered if the doubles cause issues when both people are casting as the proximity seems pretty close. And I also wonder if both can stand at the same time or how tricky is the balancing when only one person stands. My brother and I are thinking of a drift boat however that means someone is usually rowing and not fishing but it does bring the socializing back in play. I would think you would still have to trailer the double pontoon though....sk

I think a double pontoon is intended to have one person cast and one row to position the boat for the prime water.

There was a pontoon manufacturer out there (waterskeeter?) that allowed two single pontoons to be fixed together. That may be the best of both worlds, because if you ever want to go for a float by yourself it is easily taken apart.

My wife and I are thinking of buying an Outcast PAC1200 2 person pontoon boat as an easier to store and transport alternative to a driftboat. So far, I haven't seen any negative comments on the web. Do any list members have any experience with this boat. It looks ideal for our purposes, but I would be very interested in others' views.

thanks

Well I have a Dave Scadden McKenzie drifter and have no issues with two people fishing at the same time. I have two standing platforms and floated the bow with both my wife in front and myself in back standing and had no issues. its just a tad tricky in fast water. they are very wide and track quite well.

I started out without using a trailer but found that it was easier to have a trailer so you do not have to break it down every time. Assembly from start to finish is about 15 min. Frame fully assembled and attached the toons is 5 min so only a 10 min savings but just is a pain setting up and taking down.

I love the boat that I have, so I would imagine the PAC1200 would be good as well.

hope this helps.

PS. you can use them as a single toon but sometimes 13' toons is alot to handle with fins.

m