Fly Fusion Forums

Official 2011 Streamwatch Auction Round 1

reevesr1

Welcome fellow anglers...

In 2008, Alberta Stream Watch was expanded to include a Stream Watch Officer in the foothills of S.W. Alberta. (for those of you unfamiliar with Stream Watch please visit: Alberta Stream Watch

After a successful first year in 2008, the program ran again in 2009 and 2010 and many of you who fished the Oldman/Livingstone area last summer may have had a chance to meet our Stream Watch Conservation Officer, Jeff Cox, who initiated numerous angler interactions and made a significant impact on awareness of stewardship and angling regulations in the area. Please visit Stream Watch Annual Report to see the annual report. You may have also noted the new signage in the area.

It's now time again to start our donations drive for Stream Watch 2011 Stream Watch relies on donations from corporations and individuals to fund it's efforts. A good part of the success in our fund raising for the past two years was the result of the Fly Fish Calgary Online Auction, thanks to the generosity of donors and bidders alike. For 2011, Rick Reeves, (rickr) will co-ordinate the Auction, collecting donations and compiling bids. Last year, this auction raised over $8000.00. Rick would really like to surpass the total raised when toolman ran this auction, when in 2008 he raised over $10,000. Now that the economy is beginning to hum along again, hopefully this auction will follow suit!

Here is a copy of the highlights of Streamwatch in 2010:

I know Stream Watch can count on your continuing support through the Auction and if possible, please consider supporting Stream Watch through an individual or corporate donation. Also, if you know of potential corporate or individual donors that we should contact, please let me know and I'll make sure that happens.

Thank you,

Al Caldwell

Auction Guidelines:

You can post your bids on this thread or make a silent bid by sending rickr a pm. When bids for any of the items listed have reached a reasonable offer (met or exceeded market value) and/or, have been posted for a period of time with no new bids forthcoming, we will announce a Closing Notice with a closing date/time for the item.

All payments for items are expected to be honored within 10 days of the items closing date. Payment details, including acceptable methods of payments, mailing address and contact information, are explained at the bottom of this page.

Your support is greatly appreciated and thanks to all who have already donated generously.

Now lets have some fun....Let the bidding begin...

********************************************************************************

Payments can be made by cheque or credit card. Cheques should be made payable to "Trout Unlimited Canada." Send all cheques for donations and payment for auction items, to:

Trout Unlimited Canada

Ste. 160, 6712 Fisher St. S.E.

Calgary, AB, T2H 2A7

Attn: Kimberly Davidson

Memo note: Please mark all cheque payments "Alberta Stream Watch". Please indicate your Auction item # on your payment or mark Donation.

T.U.C. does not use PayPal, but will accept all major Credit Cards.

To pay for an auction item or make a donation with a Credit Card, contact Kimberly Davidson, Trout Unlimited Canada in Calgary, @ 403-221-8360. Make sure to mention that your payment is for a donation or for an Auction Item for Alberta Streamwatch and for an auction items be sure to give her the Auction Item # you are paying for..

If you have purchased an auction item and completed payment, we will notify the member who has donated the item/service.

The buyer should then contact the member via pm or phone to make arrangements to receive their goods/services.

Special thanks to our 2011 Stream Watch Corporate Partners. Also, thanks to Fly Fish Calgary for continuing to allow us to run this auction on their site.

A full list of sponsors can be seen here:

Current Stream Watch Sponsors

I would also like to thank toolman for doing this the first two years and giving me a template to steal, and of course to Al for organizing this whole thing! So lets get going:

********************************************************************************

2011 Streamwatch Auction Items

1. PANORAMA ADVENTURE

Explore the many rivers and streams in the Panorama area, with your host, Rick Reeves, and troutlover, if I can talk him into it! (This is a non-guided trip).

More info from me:

"We will be fishing for 2 1/2 days at various rivers/streams in the Invermere/Canal Flats area. The trip will be sometime in September. It will be mainly a Cuttie trip, as the Bulls will have already left to do their thing. I'll drive and supply the accommodations. We will split the gas, food and any necessary beverages. This is for up to TWO ANGLERS. I am also willing to consider turning this into a camping trip in some remote waters I've been thinking about if the winner prefers. Here is a link to our trips the last few years:"

2008 BC Cuttie Trip

BC Cuttie Trip 2009

BC Cuttie Trip 2010

Current Bid:$350 loeber

Closed

2. LOWER BOW JET TRIP with host/guide Tungsten

More info from Mike:

"This will be a full day on the water, below Hwy. 24, down too the reserve section of the lower Bow. Will include flies, lunch and beverages. We can go anytime that is convenient, from July 1st, until the end of the season, depending on conditions. If you want to drift fish, I can take two anglers. Or, if you want to jet from run too run and stop to fish, no problem and I can take up to three anglers. I am not a guide, just a guy who likes to fish!"

Additional info from Rickr:

I have had the pleasure of fishing with Mike when he took me and my son on an evening trip on his boat. Like Taco, don't let him get in front of you! But if any fish around are willing to be caught, Mike can put you on them. We had a fantastic time! Here are some shots of what you can expect, minus the lime green shirt:

Tungsten Trip Pic 1

Tungsten Trip Pic 2

Tungsten trip Pic 3

Current Bid:$400 palemorningdunce

Closed

3. RED DEER RIVER DRIFT with host/guide Sanky

More info from Tony:

"I would like to donate a full day float on the Red Deer River between Jun 1 and Jun 4, inclusive, to catch the Skwala Stonefly Hatch. I do suggest a mid-week float so that we encounter very little traffic and have the whole river to ourselves.

A BBQ lunch will be provided along with water and snacks. Please anticipate a long day on the water, as hatch times may vary and we might only get off the water at dark. This trip is for up to two anglers in a low profile Hyde. I am not a guide but I LOVE to flyfish." Note: These dates may be subject to change due to snow pack/runoff/hatch conditions.

Here is a little morsel to whet your appetite, caught on a stimulator!

p7290622.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Current Bid:$250 ruff

Closed

4. "15 LB of LIVE ATLANTIC LOBSTER!" Donated by Joey's Seafood Restaurants

From James at Joeys Seafood: These Live Atlantic Lobsters Average1.4lbs each, so 11 lobsters average total. This can be redeemed at anytime. All I need is a week or two notice and I will have the suckers flown in. I can provide a gift certificate with serial # that can be held on to till redemption. That way people can plan a party...I would think summer and have a shin dig.

Thanks to James (simpson) for this donation, and

Joey's Seafood Restaurants (Headoffice)

514 - 42 Ave SE

Calgary

Current Bid: $165 fishpro

Closed

5. SPEY CASTING LESSON donated by toolman

This is a 1/2 day Spey Casting lesson on The Bow with toolman, Greg Allard. If you are new to Spey Casting, thinking about getting into it, or have been doing it for awhile and want to improve your skill, this lesson is perfect for you. Don't be surprised if at some point during the lesson you get to practice some fish handling as well.

Current Bid:$125 ffconvert

Closed

6. "Sundance Lake Hawg Hunt" with Host/Guide monger

More from monger:

"Join me for a tour on Sundance lake to find and fool some 6-12lb rainbows. Good numbers of large fish were stocked in May and September 2009. A number of different techniques are available to catch fish and add to your tool kit for use on other stillwaters. Fish to 30" are cruising and waiting to strain your wrist. Last year the early spring fishing was pretty awesome with good numbers of fish caught at the surface. It ispretty entertaining if like watching big wakes chase your fly."

Cheers, Rob (Monger)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/fishm...ngRobR003-1.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/fishmonger/IMG_7171.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/fishm...jpg"

Current Bid:$175 cgyguy

Closed

7. "TACO'S TRIP INTO THE GREAT UNKNOWN" with your host/guide Taco

More from Taco:

"How about a unknown waters trout exploratory trip? Just jump in my truck and see what we can find for fish in Southern Alberta kinda thing. Some of these places I haven't fished in yrs, who knows exactly where.I'll supply food and beverages. The buyer must have the ability to ride in a cowman's truck , with all it's associated sounds and smells. I also have plenty of equipment to loan, for small, tight water"

From rickr: Here is the chance to do what lots of us talk about, but few of us actually do: go on a total explore trip. From fishing with Taco before, I can pretty much guarantee wherever you end up, you won't be walking in anyone else's footprints! I'll pay the buyer to bring my gps along!

Current Bid:$200 brndawg

Closed

8 .ADC'sTRIP TO POLICE OUTPOST with your host/guide ADC

More from Al:

"This trip is for one or two anglers to Police Outpost Lake. Angler(s) will meet Al in Ft. Mcleod. Al has access to 3 pontoon boats if required. The best dates would be in May or June, date to be mutually agreed upon. This is an opportunity to learn what is going to become Alberta's next trophy lake. "

Current Bid:$150 gustuphson

Closed

9. "DRIFT BOAT & SLAVE FOR A DAY" with your guide/host dune

more from dune:

"Full day on the water for 1 or 2 anglers on the river… open to either a section of the lower Bow south of Calgary OR if interested i could do a section of the Elk River near Fernie BC.

mutually agreed to time between July 1 and end of season.

you supply your own travel & accoms (if req’d), kit, food & drinks; i supply boat, oar power and a little local knowledge.

i am in no way a guide, just a dude who has drift boat and knows how to get it places where fish sometime happen to be.

some conditions apply, see in store for details, batteries not included. "

Current Bid:$325 jerryn

Closed

10 .Caddisflies, by Gary LaFontaine, first edition, 1981. Signed! donated by dryfly/Clive

This book is in good condition and has the dustcover. The book is signed by Gary LaFontaine to the late Bob Cormier co-author of, Mayflies. It was purchased at Bob’s estate sale in the Pass. The book will be mailed anywhere in Canada.

Gary LaFontaine was a frequent speaker in Calgary at conclaves over the years. Gary LaFontaine passed away on January 4, 2002 from Lou Gehrig’s disease.

The result of 10 years of intensive study, this book introduces tested patterns that imitate the live insect. Then it presents detailed instructions on how to fish larval, pupal, and adult flies—strategies, tactics, and proven techniques. A careful study of indicators that signal emergence and egg-laying, and instruction on the different ways that fish feed on each stage. 336 pages include index, bibliography, B&W drawings and instructional photos, color plates.

Amazon.com Review

caddisflies5001-0.jpg

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

Image 7

from Rickr: This book sells for up to $160.00. So I'll kick the bidding off on this one!

Current Bid: $110PGK

Closed

11. ÜberFly's Back Country Backpacking Trip with your guide/host ÜberFly

more from Pete:

"This year I'll offer up a "Non-guided" backpacking/fly fishing trip for a couple to a TBD destination for a weekend (one night) with Deb and myself... I'll supply home made gourmet backpacking cuisine for the dinner. Winning bidders must be physically fit and have some basic level of outdoor exp. Also, they must have all their own transportation, angling license, equipment and be willing to respect the outdoor environment , i.e., no open fires (if we go into an area where they are not allowed) and proper disposal of waste/garbage, etc. This would be a perfect trip for a (M/F) couple that is interested in learning about backpacking and/or back country fly fishing."

Current Bid:$100 golfman99

Closed

12. TFO BVK FLY ROD donated by Honda West

Honda West is donating a TFO BVX rod of the winning bidder's choice!! All the winner needs to do is head down to Fish Tales "Calgary's Friendliest Fly Shop!" and pick a stick!

Thanks to fuinincalgary (Craig), the rest of the staff at Honda West (many of whom fly fish), and Fish Tales for this awesome donation!

Here is a link to the product page: TFO BVK Fly Rod

Current Bid:$230 PGK

Closed

13. Fly Fishing Desktop Wallpapers - $4 each (singles) or 5 for $15 (multipacks) donated by sirocco

More from Eric

I photographed nearly all of the photos for the TFO Canada website. My work has appeared in Singletrack mountain biking magazine, Travel Photographer of The Year's Journey Two book, and one of my pieces resides in the permanent collection of the Steamwhistle Art Gallery in Toronto.

In an effort to support Stream Watch on a long term basis, I decided to turn the photos on the TFO website into downloadable desktop wallpapers. These will be available year-round and will be updated periodically. Although these are purchased through the TFO site, 100% of the proceeds go to Stream Watch. The first donation will go directly to Stream Watch at the end of the FFC Auction, so buy early and often!

Browse the wallpapers here: Wallpaper Site

Please note these are not suitable for printing. If you have any questions please e-mail me at: erik@templeforkoutfitters.ca

From Rick: As these wallpapers can be purchased directly from TFO, via the link above, there is no reason to bid. But if you do buy some, go ahead and say so on the auction thread. Please help Erik and TFO support Streamwatch!

14. Stillwater Fishing School donated and Hosted by by Bloom

More from Tim:

Spend a day on the water learning how to catch Stillwater Rainbows in Southern Alberta. This trip will cover reading lakes in Southern Alberta, floating line and sinking techniques, food source availability, how to ‘match the hatch’ and other tips and tricks that you can apply to lakes. The day will be spent on Bullshead Reservoir in Southern Alberta.

This is not a guided trip, but an opportunity to learn some strategies that are affective on our pothole lakes and then apply them while fishing on Bullshead. All liability will be assumed by the participant. Equipment can be provided if needed.

Maximum of three anglers and the date is currently set for June 18, 2011

More from Rick:

I will supply the transportation for this trip, from Calgary. We are going to run this a bit different. We are taking 3 anglers, so the top three bids when the auction ends will get to go. You can team up with a friend or friends if you like. If so, please specify how many you are bidding for. As this is for 3 bidders, I will run this auction for longer than normal.

Current Bid 1:$200 ruff

Current Bid 2:$125 Palemorningdunce

Current Bid 3:$100 jasonvilly

I still have a couple of auctions in the bag that I will start as these end, and I fully anticipate many more to come!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic