Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Here Play Guitar?

Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to have another go at learning guitar. The first time I tried was when I was 11-12 years old, and I ended up quitting after ~1.5 years because I was too into dirtbikes & snowmobiling! I didn't practice enough and cancelled way too many lessons. Now that I'm older, I always kick myself for not sticking with it.

Just wondering if anyone on here plays guitar? And if so, can you recommend some good free online lessons? I'm looking on YouTube, but because it's been so long, I'm not sure what exactly to look for.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you own a Mac by chance there are some free lessons built into GarageBand. That is what prompted me to start learning recently as well. Will definitely keep my eye on this thread though for more tips!

Hey everyone,

I've recently decided to have another go at learning guitar. The first time I tried was when I was 11-12 years old, and I ended up quitting after ~1.5 years because I was too into dirtbikes & snowmobiling! I didn't practice enough and cancelled way too many lessons. Now that I'm older, I always kick myself for not sticking with it.

Just wondering if anyone on here plays guitar? And if so, can you recommend some good free online lessons? I'm looking on YouTube, but because it's been so long, I'm not sure what exactly to look for.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

For tabs i use ultimate guitar tabs .com.Shows you all the cords you'll need to no.

I also have a program called guitar pro 6 makes it real easy to learn a song.They have a 14 day trial so you can test before you buy.

I'm no pro but if you don't no the F chord(not the middle finger one) yet learn it and train your fingers to do that chord.Learn some scales also this will help in the future.

Also if your like me and have big fingers it makes it a lot easier to play if your guitar has a wider neck.I play on a 12 string with only 6 strings on it.

For picking up some easy tunes and techniques Kim Mitchell has guitar lessons on YouTube @ http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer...essons&aq=9

But if you want to get good at your rifs and really get good at lead guitar, try to find Guitar Lessons by John Petrucci. This guy can play some amazing lead guitar solo's.

• 2 months later...