Who You Voting For?

Mayor of Calgary 2010  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you likely voting for come Monday

• Nenshi
    • McIver
    • Higgins
    • Other

Just as long as you get out and vote. Apathy never elected anyone and in the last civic election only 33%of those eligible vote did so. And at the civic level every vote has much more of an impact so the "my vote wouldn't matter" attitude is BS. If you don't want to vote move to North Korea, we are incredibly fortunate to live in this country, province and city, be responsible and accountable and do your duty. In some "democratic" countries you are legally required to vote, failure to do so results in a fine and if this is not paid, jail. Here we have the luxury of a free vote, so do it. Then when you are dissatisfied with the mayor and council you have right to complain, if you didn't vote, keep your trap shut, you have no right to criticize, you reneged on your obligation and your right. :ridemcowboy:

Just as long as you get out and vote. Apathy never elected anyone and in the last civic election only 33%of those eligible vote did so. And at the civic level every vote has much more of an impact so the "my vote wouldn't matter" attitude is BS. If you don't want to vote move to North Korea, we are incredibly fortunate to live in this country, province and city, be responsible and accountable and do your duty. In some "democratic" countries you are legally required to vote, failure to do so results in a fine and if this is not paid, jail. Here we have the luxury of a free vote, so do it. Then when you are dissatisfied with the mayor and council you have right to complain, if you didn't vote, keep your trap shut, you have no right to criticize, you reneged on your obligation and your right. :ridemcowboy:

Well said.

Guest Sundancefisher
Who crapped in your cornflakes???

LMAO

What has crapped in my cornflakes is all the dam telemarketing calls from every single candidate running in this election. Who gave these bozos the right to call me when I am on the do not call list! I have been asked by a computer to participate in more polls than people do on this board.

What has crapped in my cornflakes is all the dam telemarketing calls from every single candidate running in this election. Who gave these bozos the right to call me when I am on the do not call list! I have been asked by a computer to participate in more polls than people do on this board.

Signing up for the do not call list was your first mistake...

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/cofi-fico-eng

Consumers should understand that registering on the National DNCL will reduce but not eliminate all telemarketing calls. There are certain kinds of telemarketing calls that are exempted from the National DNCL Rules.

The exemptions include telemarketing calls made by, or on behalf of:

Canadian registered charities;

Political parties, riding associations and candidates; and

Newspapers of general circulation for the purpose of soliciting subscriptions.

and also

Calls from organizations conducting market research, surveys, or public opinion polls are also exempt from the National Do Not Call List Rules and are not required to keep an internal do not call list. These types of calls are not telemarketing calls because the caller is not asking you to purchase, lease or rent products or services.

Guest Sundancefisher

Yahooo....Linda is not our Alderman :-)

Anyone know what the actual percentage of voters turned up this year?

Curious. The lines were outrageous. I think to be employeed at the polling station you needed to be over 65 and have forgotten to bring your bifocals.

Yahooo....Linda is not our Alderman :-)

Anyone know what the actual percentage of voters turned up this year?

Curious. The lines were outrageous. I think to be employeed at the polling station you needed to be over 65 and have forgotten to bring your bifocals.

I got in and out of our Bonavista voting school in like 5 minutes after work :)

Yeah I'm glad too that Linda didn't make it back in. I think Parkland got hit hard with voters as there were rumors they ran very low on ballots.

I did *not* vote for Neshi and for some nagging sub-conscious reason, I think those of you that did will regret it. I really hope I'm wrong. But I look at it this way, if I'm right, I can say I didn't put him in and I can complain all I want. I guess that is the upside of not having "my guy" win.

That Druh has nine lives, eh? It boogles the mind.

Guest Sundancefisher
I did *not* vote for Neshi and for some nagging sub-conscious reason, I think those of you that did will regret it. I really hope I'm wrong. But I look at it this way, if I'm right, I can say I didn't put him in and I can complain all I want. I guess that is the upside of not having "my guy" win.

That Druh has nine lives, eh? It boogles the mind.

I am a little concerned that someone with a high degree of education and some serious class (visited schools during the election to answer questions in their social studies programs) and was willing to play nice. Really it should be concerning to everyone. Intelligence is the root of all evil. Especially since his field of study is political science and he is a professor. Very strange he wants to help make things better.

I don't think the Mayor has any power over and above what the aldermen give him insofar as being pushed around. Even if that happens this time...it is then just status quo. One has to think...there is a chance things would be different...and different would be nice to see.

Cheers

Sun