Fly Fusion Forums

Is It Possible It Was All Staged?

Folks,

Now being not from Calgree - I get to watch the elections somewhat detached. The political pundits figure that the two major down sides to Barb other than she was in a three legged race was here perceived "niceness" and not shown to be tough enough for politics. So how to counter perceptions. Well you brew a tempest in a tea pot proving that Barb is a feisty up and comer.

Originally I never gave it a thought about Barb's testy performance but low and behold, heard that Rob Love is a volunteer on Barb's squad. Rob, for those that don't know, was the brains behind Ralph Klein. Would Rob be capable of such an act. Who knows - makes a good theory.

catch ya'

Don

Well well, Don as another non Calgree-an and not a TV watcher, I had no idea what you were talking about. Had not heard a thing about this. But found this:

Staged or not, good on her. I'd guess it was not staged. She was pissed and held it together well.

The more interesting interview was he previous one with the arts supporters asking her questions... She was BRUTAL! Didn't know which camera to look at (wasn't being directed by anyone :P) and didn't even answer their questions!!

P

Guys/Gals,

Thanx to Clive I finally saw the "dust up". The TV stations my wife, the news junkie, watches doesn't include BT.

Barbs performance should get her elected 'cause:

1] Showed restraint in the face of opposition

2] Deflected the ugly comments about bias onto other candidates

3] Showed loyalty of volunteer workers.

4] Showed fiscal responsibility/ground swell of support by using all volunteers.

5] Proved she could be feisty w/o involving the police - do recall Ralphie and the Pie.

Or cynically, the dust-up was scripted.

1] First comment - we don't know each other

2] Interviewer goes on attack - Barb show restraint

3] Interviewer accused of bias - which cuts both into other candidates and interviewers integrity all the while leaving Bard the judge of bias.

And on and on.

Damn, isn't local politics fun.

Don

I am no Higgins fan, but I say good on her for standing up to what McCourt had to say.

There is a way to ask the difficult questions, this interviewer failed.

this interviewer [mccourt] fails on a regular basis...however this was an absolutely embarassing attempt at 'confrontational interviewing'.

agree barb did well for sticking it out. don't think she gets the big chair tomorrow though.