Fly Fusion Forums

Shore Fishing In Barbados

ok, so googling fly fishing and Barbados didnt really turn out much info and there seems to be a lot of people on various fishing forums asking the same question and not getting any or much in the way of answers.

if anyone has fished from shore in Barbados or know of anyone who has fished from shore or knows a guy with a little john boat who will take a girl out for a couple of cases of beer, please let me know.

Thanks

Tiana,

You'd probably get a heck of a lot more then just a boat ride for a couple cases of beer!! LoL :P

P

ok, so googling fly fishing and Barbados didnt really turn out much info and there seems to be a lot of people on various fishing forums asking the same question and not getting any or much in the way of answers.

if anyone has fished from shore in Barbados or know of anyone who has fished from shore or knows a guy with a little john boat who will take a girl out for a couple of cases of beer, please let me know.

Thanks

Having had a few Banks with the Bajans I have to say from my experience Bdo's is more about the flying fish than fly fishing. Beautiful beaches, friendly people and rum rum rum. It's the furthest east of any island in the area and so you don't get the tarpon type situations. The best bet for you might be on the Caribbean (west) side of the island. Might be some snook, or bones over there cause it is shallower and doesn't have the pounding surf of the Atlantic side. If you get out you have to post some pics, hell if you don't get out post some pics.

Ralfish, that's what i am using you for when i visit in September ;)

Thanks Vic, west side of the island is about all the info i have been able to find so far. it appears they spend more time drinking than fishing on that island... god only knows why.

i will still get out and try to track down some bonefish. perhpas if no one fishes for them i might get lucky and catch a few