Fly Fusion Forums

Dave Scadden Pontoons.....

Anyone know of a place a guy can get one of those pontoons without ordering direct from the company in the US? The pics online look quite good.....I remember seeing them at the show a couple of years ago as well.....if you know the deal let me in on it.

Anyone know of a place a guy can get one of those pontoons without ordering direct from the company in the US? The pics online look quite good.....I remember seeing them at the show a couple of years ago as well.....if you know the deal let me in on it.

Cabelas

catch ya'

Don

Order direct. Dave is awesome to deal with as he is very knowledgeable and should be able to provide better price then Cabelas..

m

Those of you that own the Scadden pontoons .......any suggestions on different models that you bought and benefits. Looking at the website I'm partial to the Skykomish Sunrise that has the standing platform and brace. Also, how long did it take to ship up to Canada?

Dave was great to deal with.

It was quick to have them shipped (customs screwed us on the second set)- but I can't recall exactly how long (it was a few years ago). We've got the Skykomish Sunrises with the platform- great boats!

River or Lake use?

I bought a Madison River directly from Dave as well. He was great to deal with, and if I remember correctly it took less than 2 weeks to get here. When it arrived, the box looked like it had been through the war, but there was no damage:)

I don't know if he still makes the madison river pontoon, but that is what I have. I have been out a few times on a few lakes and having the casting platform is great. The pontoons are quite rockered, and it takes a while to get use to. However once you are use to it, it feels very stable.

I only have a car now, and in hindsight I kind of wish they would have had the "outlaw renegade". You loose the casting platform, however it is suppose to weigh less than 40lbs. It folds down, and you don't have to worry about storing or transporting a frame.

I think that he makes some pretty innovative products, however he is about 15 years behind on website design...

• 5 weeks later...