Fly Fusion Forums

Orvis?

do any shops in town carry orvis waders? my hodgmans finally are taking in water. just a little right now but sure it will only get worse. just looking for a new option and figure i would look around at some different brands.thanks in advance. any opinions would be great.

Hopefully Orvis has reinfoced thier seams a bit since I bought mine 5 years ago (Orvis guide I think). Within a year 1/2 a dozen leaks all on the inside seam. I have never tried to get warantee, just slathered more aquaseal on and go. I know 5 yrs on a set of waders is a long time, but I am a 20 trip per season guy and was hoping to get a little more life out of my $450 investment.

Hopefully Orvis has reinfoced thier seams a bit since I bought mine 5 years ago (Orvis guide I think). Within a year 1/2 a dozen leaks all on the inside seam. I have never tried to get warantee, just slathered more aquaseal on and go. I know 5 yrs on a set of waders is a long time, but I am a 20 trip per season guy and was hoping to get a little more life out of my $450 investment.

You should try for the warranty. I was in the same situation after 2 years they were leaking the same as yours. I called Orvis, they gave me a RGA, sent them away & month later brand new improved Pro Guide Wdaers. No charge, Have had them for about a year now, no leaks, very durable. Great Service.

Thanks JD.Thats always been th problem is the month lag time. Maybe I shouldnt be so lazy in the off season and give warantee a try. Would sure be nice to have a new set of waders for winter steelheadin! It may be a bit to late for me, but might be worth a shot.

Bought a pair about 4 years ago as well. Inside seams blew apart after about 10 trips. Wasn't impressed but was stoked when country pleasures warrantied them no questions asked!

Guess it must be hit and miss with the Orvis waders. I'm on my 5th season with cheap Orvis Clearwater waders and only having to put the Aquaseal to them now. I only paid $125 for them and I definitely got my money's worth.

Adams