Fly Fusion Forums

Red Acetate Floss

Guest ArtVandelay

Guest JayVee

LMAO...this is actually better than driving all over Calgary looking for something. I suppose I could pick up the phone. How about these:

2010-05-31_224603.jpg

LMAO...this is actually better than driving all over Calgary looking for something. I suppose I could pick up the phone. How about these:

2010-05-31_224603.jpg

what are they for, I don't think I've ever seen those.

Guest JayVee

Yep. For me it would make switching from nymphs to dries a breeze. I can't be without my barrel swivel when I'm nymphing but they're too heavy for dries. They do add weight to the leader but not enough to interfere with casting or floatability. Apparently. This is just an experiment for me....we'll see. There are other applications also I'd like to try.

It's to tie your tippet together.Instead of a line to line knot.Would add weight to the leader but wow are they small.Would be like tyeing onto a beed.

South Bow has Red Acetate Floss

For the tippet rings, I haven't seen any in town, wonder though if you can get split rings (for gear fishing) that small, if so then WSS or BPS might have them.

Colin

what are they for, I don't think I've ever seen those.

I use either size 14 or 18 swivels in black. They can be bought at Wholesale Sports and are shown in their catalog that you can download online. I use these mostly to add weight to get chironomids down.